It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

aWorrier777 HB User
Inducing - can I eat?

The doctor is going to induce me at 7 Monday morning. Can I eat breakfast before I go in that morning?

Old 10-27-2005, 12:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User
Re: Inducing - can I eat?

if i get induced, i dont think i would eat before,(my personal opinion) im afraid of having a "accident" while delivering...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

muffintop HB User

I am being induced next Monday morning at 6:00 am. The nurse at the hospital said no eating or drinking any fluids (including ice chips) past midnight and if I did; then the induction would have to be pushed back 8 hours. I swore I wouldn't

Old 10-27-2005, 12:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

I was induced. I was on "standby" and called in that morning. I was told I could eat and drink something light. I had a few pieces of toast and a glass of milk. I went in around 10AM and didn't get to eat until the next morning. I was told I could drink water and sprite throughout the day (after the induction). Don't worry about having an "accident." I was worried and didn't even think about it when it came time to deliver. No accidents.

Old 10-27-2005, 01:29 PM   #5
(female)

aWorrier777 HB User

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll be having a snack at midnight then! If not, I'll be starving by the time I can eat again. Ah, who am I kidding. I'll be starving anyway!

Old 10-27-2005, 02:16 PM   #6
(female)

thidagirl22 HB User

I wouldn't eat if I were you. With my last baby I was induced and I ate before I went in (because I wasn't told not to) and I paid for it. I think it was the epidural that made me sick. The other thing when I told them I was going to be sick they gave my husband one of those itty bitty bed pans to hold so I could get sick. It was way to little to catch all of it and it made a big mess which was embarassing. It would have been okay if they would have given me a trash can. I'm going to try not to eat any food this time around whether I go naturally or get induced just to be on the safe side. They do let you eat after delivery. I sent DH to get a burger and fries and ate like a horse. I felt like I was starving to death. I guess it's from all the hard work bringing a little one into the world.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:13 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

they had me in over night and I wasn't allowed to eat anything from midnight on so I don't think you can. All I had was ice chips and I still threw up a few times during labor.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:57 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

Don't eat anything!!!!! When my water broke, the one time my contractions were SO strong I threw up....it was so aweful. But do drink water. You don't want to be dehydrated. So have some popsicles, something to drink. But I had a sub sandwich, and it was aweful coming up. Aweful.

Just my advice.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:14 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

DO NOT EAT! It could kill you, the reason I say this because, if an emergency happens and they need to put you under, if you regurgutate you could aspirate (vomit goes into your lungs) I have seen this in the ICU so many times some people leave after being in there a great while and some don't DO NOT RISK IT!

Old 11-01-2005, 01:02 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I realize that youre already holding your little one but wanted to provide imput.

I asked my doctor this as they were going to induce me with DD...she said I could have something very LIGHT for breakfast...but obviously don't go all out. But...I ended up not having much of anything in my system anyhow as I ended up with my water broken just before dinner a few days prior to my induction date.

When that happened the furthest thing from my mind was 'hmm food' LOL!

Closed Thread