It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

laskalady HB User
Abdominal pain during first few months

is abdominal pain in the stomach during the first few months of pregnancy normal?

Old 10-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User
Re: Abdominal pain during first few months

It depends on the pain. If it is not severe cramping with bleeding it should be normal. What kind of pain is it? Twinges and sharp pains are fairly common as your uterus begins to grow. Sometimes your bowels can cause discomfort as your body is adjusting to pregnancytoo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 11:42 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

Don't worry. That is completely normal due to stretching. You will probably have this throughout your pregnancy. I am 16wks, and still have it. It's on and off, though. Unless it gets REALLY painful (and I mean, REALLY), or unless you see some spotting (which is sometimes normal too, but they like you to call in to the dr and get an opinion if this happens), then you should be coming along just fine.

Amanda

Old 10-27-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
(female)

laskalady HB User

Thanx! I'm not pregnant, its my friend. I'll ask her what kind of pain exactly she's having. I'm gonna tell her to sign up though, b/c everyone on here is really helpful. Thanx again!

Old 10-27-2005, 12:38 PM   #5
(female)

Angela3 HB User

With all three of my kids, during the first 3 months i bled, cramped had pain, trickled fluid, passed clots, passed blood when i sneezed and coughed and still had very healthy babies, they couldn't find out why, but all the ultrasounds i had showed a healthy baby.

Anthony 11
Anna 4 1/2
Isabella 5 months

Old 10-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i sometimes get like a heavy cramp in my lower uterus as well as stretching in my ab muscles. i would say worry only about bad period pains/bleeding these were signs of my previous m/c.

Old 10-29-2005, 06:43 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

qt314 HB User

I'm having strething sharp pains on either side of my belly. Sort of where my ovaries are. I asked the nurse about it and she told me it's our body getting ready for a growing uterus. It's our stomach muscles stretching to support the lower portion of our uterus. All very normal.

Closed Thread