It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Is this normal in 2nd tri?

Is it normal during the 2nd trimester (18wks) to have lower abdominal soreness when pressing on the abdomen? It is sometimes sore when I push on it. And it also feels like pressing on my abdomen puts pressure on my rectum, like I need to use the bathroom.

Are these normal things?

Old 10-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Re: Is this normal in 2nd tri?

Anyone with any insight? It's sore when I push on my abdomen around where my uterus is. Sometimes more so than other times.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Get used to it. I'm 37 weeks and I am still getting those aches and pains. Its caused from your stomach muscles stretching to accommodate that growing baby inside of you. It feels like you've done a lot of sit ups or crunches, right? Thats what mine felt like at that time, and if you think about it, your stomach is working out just the same. All of that stretching going on is bound to cause some discomfort.

Old 10-28-2005, 05:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I haven't/didn't feel any pressure on my rectum but on my pelvis. But we are all different! Like I have to go pee all of the time, non stop. The pain is almost unbearable sometimes. It wouldn't hurt to call your doctor or midwife to find out if it's normal. It never hurts to ask!

Closed Thread