It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
(female)

JustGinger HB User
Leaking (WARNING..May be TMI)

Hi all. I am 22 weeks and am having a liquidy discharge. It's slightly brown, sometimes clear, and sometimes yellowish, sometimes just a little bit and sometimes I can actually feel the moisture. I've had it pretty regularly since about week 8, but it seems to be a little more abundant these days. Anyway, I've noticed the last couple of days that it has a pretty strong ammonia odor. Could it be urine leaking or should I be worried that it is something else? Does anyone else have or has anyone else had anything similar? I am an overly anxious person anyway and I keep stressing out and thinking that I'm leaking amniotic fluid or something. My next OB appointment is on November 9th, so should I call my dr now? I really don't want to seem like I'm paranoid (even though I am), but some days it really freaks me out. Thanks in advance.

Ginger
EDD 2/28/06

Old 10-28-2005, 01:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: Leaking (WARNING..May be TMI)

hi ginger
i have a fair bit of discharge as well it dries whitish/cream in my underwear tmi and i do have a slight almost chlorine smell like the swimming baths do? bizarre i know thanks for posting htis i know i must be normal however if it browns or is smelling offensive call the doc just to be sure

Last edited by weepyone; 10-28-2005 at 01:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2005, 03:31 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

You said you've had it since week 8--have you mentioned it to your doctor? I had what sounds like the same thing and my doctor wasn't real concerned, but I wouldn't just ignore it if it's bothering you. I've learned so far in this pregnancy that it's better to get something checked out than to make yourself crazy with worry.
Anyway, the doctor can check the amniotic fluid levels with an ultrasound. I know I felt so much better when mine told me the fluid levels were good.
Sorry I wasn't much help. I'd call and run it past your doctor. If he/she wants to see you before your Nov. appointment, they'll tell you.
Take care.

Old 10-28-2005, 06:42 AM   #4
(female)

JustGinger HB User

Thanks for the responses. It helps to know that others are experiencing the same things I am. I talked to my mom last night and she said it is probably urine, since the baby seems to be kicking my bladder quite a bit these days.

Closed Thread