It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

brittney_marie HB User
Jingle Bellies~Time running out!

I figured I would see how everyone was feeling...How much we have gained up until now...?

I was feeling alright up until a week or so ago... My belly just feels so full, and I can't bend at all, can't pick anything up, and just feel so useless! I want to get the babys room done NOW, because I feel that if i dont do it soon, i will be incapable! Up until about 2 weeks ago i could still see my thighs, well that was just good ol' history now! I have gained 23 lbs now, all in my belly/boobs Im hoping I dont gain TOO much more!
Im getting really nervous, and just want the baby to come so my anxiety will stop... but then again, i want the baby to hold off so i can get some sleep!!!

Im 33 weeks, so i only have 7 wks left, maybe not even!!! This is sooooooooo scary!!!

Old 10-28-2005, 06:13 PM   #2
(female)

Border3899 HB User
Re: Jingle Bellies~Time running out!

Hi there!! I am currently 30 weeks and have gained about 30 pounds but i've been fluctuating i seem to gain 10 pounds and then at my next appointment i lose 8 pounds but my average weight that i've gained is 30, i'm really hoping i dont gain 60 pounds!! This is my first child and for only having 10 weeks left and having gained 30 pounds i really dont look that big, but i do feel it. I'm hiding it well apparently because I just had an U/S to check his growth and he is growing wonderfully so that was good to hear!

I've been feeling pretty good except for i've been battling really bad headaches since around 15 weeks, and it is getting harder to get up from sitting or to roll over in bed. We're working on getting the baby's room done hopfully this weekend and next will take care of it. My little guy is already taking after his mom when it comes to hating mornings....this morning at my U/S we got a picture of him and it looks like he's flipping us the bird! My husband and i are wondering if that means we're going to have our hands full when he is comes into this world!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 06:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

It's the home stretch!! I only have 9 weeks to go! I'm getting so anxious. We don't have anything done and I'm so worried that he'll come early. My shower is November 19th, the weekend before Thanksgiving. My grandmother is freaking out because she thinks that it is too close to the delivery date (5 weeks away) and she swears that I'm not going to make it through November. We'll see! I just want enough time to get all of the basics out of the way and buy whatever we don't get from the shower. None of the hostesses have had babies so I guess they didn't realize how close it was to my delivery date. I'm so laid back though, it doesn't matter to me!!

Britney, I know what you mean about not being able to see anything. I tried to shave my bikini area yesterday....OMG that was not fun! I couldn't see a thing, I was just going by feel!! I'll have to get my DH to do it from now on. I forgot how little you can see below the belly. Do yall try to shave standing up anymore? I'm still doing it, but not for long. I see more baths in my future!!

Old 10-29-2005, 10:17 AM   #4
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

Hi there-
I am counting down the weeks here ladies. I have nine more to go! On one hand I want them over with, but on the other hand I am freaking out about not having enough time. I feel like we have nothing ready for my little guy! My shower is next sunday, so we'll see what we get then, and I am hoping that will motivate us to finish up the nursery and get everything done!!

I was still feeling pretty good until last week. Now my legs hurt no matter what I do. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting or standing, they are just so sore, like I just ran a marathon. I can feel that this baby is starting to get lower, and now when I sit down I have to make sure I'm able to lean back a little bit or my tummy feels like its resting on my legs lol, and I can't cross my legs when I sit. I've always crossed my legs so I feel really weird not doing it!

Mommie~ I gave up on my bikini area a month or two ago. Your brave! I haven't felt like being intimate at all, and I am not getting into a bikini to often here so I haven't cared, but I am starting to think maybe I should try to do something down there before I go into labor. I guess the doctor won't care either way, but I think I'll be embarrassed. I still shave my legs standing up in the shower sometimes, although there have been alot more baths filling my evenings then before.

Is anyone still working full time? How close to your due date are you planning on stopping? I'm due Dec 31, so I think I'll stop on the 17th (two weeks before). I'd hate to stop before then, because I really need the $$, but I am worried that I won't make it that long!

Take care
Kelly

Old 10-29-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Klynne, do you have a partner that can help you shave? I know that sounds gross, but I'm going to make my DH do it! He won't mind though, he's so great to me. He actually likes shaving my legs!! I feel for the ladies who work full time, you guys are amazing! I have my own business from home so my schedule is very flexible. I'll probably be doing work from the hospital bed though

Old 10-29-2005, 11:09 AM   #6
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

Mommie-
I'm sure he would help me, but I am scared to ask b/c my skin is sooo senistive and I'm scared he'll irritate me. I've thought about going and getting waxed professionally. I wonder how many pregnant women they see?! Is there any reason you can't get waxed while pregnant?
-Kelly

Old 10-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #7
(female)

brittney_marie HB User

Im not sure how safe it is to wax the bikini, but i have been getting my eyebrows done every couple of weeks... I hope the product they use it safe!!!

Im getting the room finished tomorrow! Cant wait! Today I did all of the cleaning and getting things together, tomorrow we have to get the crib up, and the rest is easy... Just thinking, I am actually going to be a mommy soon... I cannot even imagine someone calling me mommy!!!! Its kind of scary, Im only 19 and Im a mommy!

Has anyone got their hospital bags ready yet? I haven't, but think I should do it soon....

Old 10-31-2005, 10:22 AM   #8
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

Hey gals-
Just trying to keep our thread going!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I love Halloween! I can't wait to give candy to little kids tonight. This is the first year I have handed out candy! I absolutely can not wait until this time next year, when we get to dress up the baby in his first halloween costume!!!!
Hows everyone feeling?
~Kelly

Old 10-31-2005, 12:02 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Oh, I know this sounds crazy but I'm already listening to Christmas music. I made a cd this weekend and listened to it while I was out doing errands. I am SOOOOOOO excited about this holiday season!! I was literally crying driving down the road thinking about my very special Christmas gift.

My church has something called Fall Festival that we do every October 31st. It so much fun and totally crazy. There are usually over 5000 kids who come and we have rides and games galore!! Plus they get tons of candy. I can't wait to dress my son up next year. Anyone going to buy a costume for next year tomorrow? I am!! I love buying things ahead of time and for the following year. I love saving money! HE HE

Old 11-01-2005, 08:16 AM   #10
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

I was thinking of going and getting a costume for my ds on sale this week, but I am scared come next year I won't like it anymore.. or what if he doesn't like it? LOL it feels so funny to be thinking that far ahead, but I can't help it. Its so fun to get excited about stuff like that.
Mommie, I've been thinking about Christmas too, but I've actually been thinking of next christmas, and about putting a bunch of gifts under the tree for him. Its been so long since I've really been exciting over Christmas. Now in the next couple of years we get to to get excited about Santa Claus and his reindeer again. Oh and I can't wait to go and get pictures taken with Santa. I haven't thought about doing that in like 15 years!!!

How is everyone feeling? I felt (and saw) the baby doing what looked like summer saults in my tummy last night. When he was done he situated himself right on my stomach, and now even though I am hungry, its hard for me to eat. After dinner last night I got really nauseas. I don't have enough room for food in there now. I hope he moves again and isn't stuck like this for the next two months!

Its a rainy yucky day here, and I wish I was at home in bed w/a book, not stuck at work. (Not that I am doing a lot of work these days, I get so distracted on the internet looking up baby stuff!!)
I hope everyone is having a good day!

Old 11-02-2005, 06:02 AM   #11
(female)

Bohemian Belle HB User

Hello ladies, went to the Doc yesterday and baby, at 34 weeks, has a nice strong heartbeat and tons of movement. She wiggled around to show the Doc how athletic she is.

I asked about waxing products and she said they were fine.I've been waxing through my whole pregnancy.

I've gained a total of 28 pounds, which the Doc said is "perfect". I'm not bloated yet, and can still wear my rings, shoes ect...

We're working on the nursery right now, the painters come at the end of this week(supposedly). We're installing a vintage crystal chandelier and buying a white metal Victorian style crib. I bought all of my bedding on ebay, none of it used. I'm doing a pink velvet bumper w/ a flat pink velvet skirt(Pottery Barn) w/ a ruffely green striped skirt sticking out(Cabana/Rachel Ashwell).The sheets are pink gingham.The coverlet and pillow are pink toile( Daydream/Peacock Alley).I've coordinated all of her sleepers to match her crib bedding.

I'm planning on getting my preggy photos done in the next few weeks. anyone shooting interesting preggy photos would love to hear your plans.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

here's my latest.
went to the doc's last night. she is sending me to get another ultrasound to check size and dates. she says im still measuring 2 wks ahead. so i could actually be 36 wks right now, whoa! so i have a appt next saturday. wonder what they will tell me. im also pretty happy i get to see the baby one last time in there. i havent seen him since the end of july (ultrasound).
also, i found out when my baby shower is. my friend told me, i have no idea why. she thought i knew about it. whatever. that made me mad. my mom is so upset, she wanted it to be a suprise. but anyway, it will be 11/26. cant wait!
hope you all are doing well!

Old 11-08-2005, 06:50 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Hi everyone!! Our thread keeps getting pushed back

Hypnotic, I'm so sorry to hear about your ruined surprise. Did you tell your friend that she just ruined it for you? I would really rub it in. You shower is only two weeks before you're due!! OMG I would freak out.

My shower is Saturday the 19th and I'm so excited. I have 6 hostesses and they are doing all kinds of sweet things for me. I just found out that we are going to have about 60 people there. I hate being center of attention especially looking like a house. My sister got married two weekends about and I look HORRIBLE in the pictures. I have BDD so this didn't help me any. I kind of had a mild set back when I saw the pictures. Everyone who sees me says that they can't believe that I'm only 33 weeks because I don't look that big. I feel HUGE though...probably just my BDD.

I go to the doctor today to start my bi-weekly appointments. I'm getting so excited. I think I officially started nesting last night too. I stayed up all night making a list of things I wanted to get done around the house. I am even going to wash the curtains in my bedroom because they are probably dusty. I freaked myself out thinking about what if the baby comes early and I'm not prepared. So I really wanted to get up in the middle of the night and start scrubbing, but I would have freaked my DH out bad. He's so jumpy and protective at this stage in my pregnancy. If I cough, he wakes up and says "Honey, are you okay?" LOL, he's so sweet. I warned him that he shouldn't be concerned if he hears me running laundry in the middle of the night.

Oh, I just checked my pregnancy calendar that I have on another website and it says that I only have 51 days until he comes!! WOW that seems so close

Last edited by Mommie-2-B; 11-08-2005 at 06:51 AM.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User

I hope i'm posting on the right site...I'm 28 weeks..due in Janaury, I couldn't find January mommies...hmmm....well i haven't been here in forever, but just thought i'd add that i've gain a total of 13 lbs so far and doctor said baby is about 3 lbs 1 oz right now, 15 7/8 inches long. Pretty cool huh? He guesses this baby will be about 7 1/2 to 8 lbs when she comes. I'm really freaking myself out about giving birth. I hope it's not as scary as the first time. Take care everyone!!!

Old 11-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

hi everyone!
mommie-yes it made me so mad. i told her, good one you ruined the suprise. it was like she rsvped to me, when it clearly states on the invitition to call my mom or sister...duh. hehe. it does make me nervous its two weeks before im due...maybe even sooner if they move up my date. i hope a majority gets bought that way i dont have to run around at the last min. (oh that sounds so snobbish, hehe)
i think i am nesting too, i keep thinking of things i want to do around the house.
so the 19th i have a labour basics class at the hospital. it should be interesting. is anyone else taking classes?
chat with you all later! belly rubs!
-hyp

Closed Thread