It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Swelling, but not noticable?

Question for you guys, I was wearing these blakck socks today, I guess you could classify them as dress socks, like the ones your dh's wear, ( they my have been his) anyhow, I took them off about 1 1/2 hours ago and I had a sock ring arond my ankles, you know where you can see the grooves from the socks on your ankles, well I looked and its not as noticable but you can still sort of see where the line was, I dont have this issue with my sweat socks, anyway my feet dont feel swollen or tight, and they don't really look it either but they must be cause the socks didnt really feel tight...Anyway I cant remeber swelling with the other kids, this seem normal to anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

retrochick HB User
Re: Swelling, but not noticable?

How far along are you? I started noticing getting swollen around week 28 or so. By week 30 my feet were very swollen and felt like I was walking on pins and needles, I had pre-eclampsia. From other friends I've talked to, everyone seems to get a little bit swollen and a little is nothing to really worry about I think when it gets to the point where your hands and face and feet are all swollen and tingly is when I'd worry (that's when I did worry and ended up getting admitted for pre-e) Do you eat a lot of salty foods? I think I heard that can cause some swelling and you might not SEE it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 10:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Hi Valarie, that's what happens to me as well. They don't feel swollen but they are! My ankles are starting at actually look swollen, from time to time.

Old 10-29-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

you cant really tell my ankles are swollen at all really, I think it may have been the dress socks, dh says that, with those socks that happens to him too! I dunno

Old 10-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I've been really into those athletic "no show" socks where the band is just below the ankle bone. It makes me feel better about my swelling

Old 10-29-2005, 11:02 AM   #6
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

Valerie-
The same thing happens to me. I've noticed the sock rings with some of my socks (I guess it depends on the elastic), and also sometimes my elastic pants will leave marks on my waiste. I've been noticing that my skin in general just marks easier. Like if I'm lying in one spot, I get the blanket crease marks on my arms and legs... do you know what I mean? I'm 31 weeks, but I do not look swollen at all, so I haven't really worried about it.
Take care,
Kelly

Closed Thread