It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Freaked Out!!!

I just got a message on my machine from my midwife. She asked me to call her tomorrow and as she wants to discuss my ultarsound results that she just received from my doctor. The ultrasound happened when I was 5 weeks 5 days and showed only a sac (or so I was told) but only because it was too early to see anything else. I am now 10 weeks 3 days and saw the midwife for the first time last week.
She said in her message that it was nothing to be worried about just that she needed to discuss the results.
So now I am very freaked out. If it was something at all worriesome my doctor should have called herself when she got the results I am thinking but what could she have to discuss with me????
Any thoughts or words of encouragement to get through the next 18 hours or so are appreciated!!!!

Old 10-30-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
(female)

retrochick HB User
Re: Freaked Out!!!

I think its too soon for anything bad to show up on an ultrasound (birth defect wise) that they'd be worried about (aside from there not being a baby in there) if she said not to worry about it then I surely wouldn't worry. I know its hard not to but maybe she just wants to tell you that your measuring over your date...or under your date, or maybe she wants to tell you that there's twins lol! I surely wouldn't let it bother you like crazy especially if she said "dont worry" I think that's a good sign.
good luck to you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 04:51 PM   #3
(female)

may/junemom2be HB User

I hope everything turns out okay. I am sure there is nothing wrong if she said not to worry. My thoughts are with you and keep us updated!!

Old 10-30-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

lol I was gonna say the twin thing too, could you imagine!!! anyhow tell her for future reference not to leave leading messages, lol let us know how it goes!

Old 10-31-2005, 09:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi jordyn
i know i would be crapping myself too i am sure though once you speak to your midwife your mind will be at rest maybe it is twins or even just that your placenta is low. please let me know how things go thinking of you

Old 10-31-2005, 09:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Normally when something is wrong you will get a phone call. Like pap smears. My doctor sends out a letter if everyhing is ok, but if something is wrong with the pap smear, a phone call is made. Same went with all of my prenatal testing (downs, etc).

Old 10-31-2005, 05:46 PM   #7
(female)

may/junemom2be HB User

Jordyn.. Have you heard anything?? Let us know!!

Old 10-31-2005, 06:27 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Jordyn, I wouldn't worry over this. If a doctor originally took the u/s pics when you were 5 weeks, I'm sure if something was wrong, that doc would've let you know weeks ago, before they even went to the midwife. Just wondering though, are those the only pics you've gotten so far??

Old 11-01-2005, 05:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Thanks girls and sorry I didn't get back yesterday. I got in touch with my midwife early yesterday morning and she said that she wanted to let me know that my u/s results stated I was 6 weeks (then) with no detectable heartbeat. I had been told this at the u/s and that it was because I was so early (not even 6 weeks yet). Anyway my midwife wanted to let me know the results and offer another u/s. She said she had no idea if at less than 6 weeks a heartbeat could be detected or not....she's not an u/s tech.
So anyway I made an appointment yesterday and right away the tech said that of course there would not have been a heartbeat that early. She quickly found one and was able to show me a few shots of the baby although they wouldn't let my husband come in (and he drove 45 minutes to get there) and didn't print any pictures for us either. She said that was standard at their clinic in the first trimester.
So the baby is 3.7 cm long, has a heartbeat of 171 and my date was moved up to May 25.
I feel so much better but wish that the midwife had done some research first before scaring me so!!! Oh well.
Thanks for all the support.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

jordyn
i am pleased everything is ok afterall i can imagine how relieved you must feel i cried and cried the first time i saw the heartbeat at 6weeks i was happy baby was doing ok. best wishes

Closed Thread