It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

blonde2238 HB User
Red face Not sure where to post this, but I have a big question and am freaking out! rop

My BF and I didn't use a condom last night like we normally do, but he did pull out in plenty of time. I know this isn't safe, and am really worried now that I could be pregnant. I took my bc last month but haven't taken it in a few weeks due to money issues. Are my chances of being pregnant really hight? What should I do and how soon can I find out if I am? Thanks!!

Old 10-30-2005, 04:42 PM   #2
(male)

lewisy HB User
Re: Not sure where to post this, but I have a big question and am freaking out! rop

how about buying a pregnancy testing kit ? just an idea ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
(female)

retrochick HB User
Re: Not sure where to post this, but I have a big question and am freaking out! rop

Hi. Well your chances are high since you really weren't all that safe...However some people have a hard time getting pregnant coming off of birth control pills since its still in the system. But of course dont count on that being your saftey. Whens your period due? If it's late just go take a pregnancy test--you can get a cheap pack of 2 at Walmart for about 6 bucks. Or a free test can be done at any Planned Parenthood.
I hope you get the answer you want soon.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
(female)

blonde2238 HB User

Thanks so much! My period isn't due for a week or so, I have it circled on my calendar at work, so I will look in the morning. I may call my gyno in the morning and maybe her nurse can offer some help. I haven't seen her in over a year bc my insurance cut off when I graduated from college and my job has just offered me insurance. I hope they can offer me some help even though I haven't been in touch for a while. My bc prescription has expired as well, so I hope when I talk to the nurse on the phone, she can phone me in a refil (even if it's just for a month until I get in to see the doctor). Do you guys think she will do this?

Old 10-30-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
(female)

blonde2238 HB User

Also, if I took a pregnancy test tonight, would the results be accurate? We just had sex last night, so I didn't think you can get results that fast...

Old 10-30-2005, 05:55 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User

a positive result could not show up for a month or so... but the earlyest would be in two weeks... so if i were would i wouldnt test til you miss your period.. and if its negative wait one week and recheck if your period still has not showed up. but if you took at test today you would not get a correct answer. let us know. take care.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:02 AM   #7
(female)

I_love_lucy HB User

Most women get pregnant between days 10-15 of their cycle.meaning..count from the 1st day your cycle began...(this applies is you have a 28 day cycle) then from day 16 to when your cycle starts again is called the luteal phase (14 days before your period begins). No matter how long your cycle is count back 14 days from when your next period is due that would be your luteal phase, go back 5 days before that (that is the 5 days in which you are able to get pregnant..give or take a day)

The average woman releases 1 egg a month (some release more) between days 10-15...can normally get pregnant during this span...sperm can live in a woman's body for up to 72 hours...so if intercourse takes place 3 days before you release an egg you can still get pregnant. Once the egg is released it remains for only 1 day..if intercourse takes place after the egg is released it is improbable that it will be fertilized...takes the sperm too long to swim to reach it.

Fertilization takes places approximately between days 6-10 of the luteal phase and then if pregnant, the chemical HCG would begin to produce...this is what is detected on a HPT (home pregnancy test)...you could buy an early answer or a First Response Early Detection (F.R.E.D.) these tests may detect pregnancy up to 4 days before a missed period. Some women don't show a positive on a pregnancy test until after their period is missed.

Last edited by I_love_lucy; 11-01-2005 at 05:04 AM.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:57 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

I am currently 14 wks 5 ds pregnant with my second child. This conception almost seemed immaculate because I had just gone off the pill a few weeks prior and we timed intercourse so it would be several days prior to ovulation. There are no guarantees in this world and pregnancy is not any different!! Luckily we were hoping to get pregnant very soon but it still came as a surprise!
The earliest you should take a p/t is the day after you miss your period. You can try earlier but there is less chance it will be accurate. I took my test the day I was suppose to get my period and it was positive within a minute.

Last edited by baby#2; 11-01-2005 at 11:17 AM.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:00 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I hope for your sake that you're not pregnant.
Please don't eliminate your birth control pills to save money.
Birth control is ALWAYS cheaper than a child is.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #10
(female)

I_love_lucy HB User

Baby#2

The same thing happened to me on my second child...I was taking BC pills...when they ran out...I did not get my next period...I knew I was pregnant...I had never missed a period in my life or was late...only when pregnant. I only had sex once after the pills ran out...what were the odds??

That baby is now 29!!! I also have an 8 month old via a surrogate mother...I did a lot of research on HPT's...HCG...implantation, luteal phase...ovulation..length of cycle...IUI's..insemination..fertilizati on, it took us 5 years to finally achieve...(our Surrogate mother also tested the day her period was due...the day before Father's Day)

Your right there are no guarantees...you must protect yourself if you don't want to get pregnant or contract an STD.

Last edited by I_love_lucy; 11-01-2005 at 11:27 AM.

Closed Thread