It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
(female)

Cuddly HB User
Unhappy is this normal?

Hi, I am now 2 months pregnant but i am feeling like crap i have been in hospital with very bad stabbing pains i had to wait 6 hours with 2 panadol while other before me went in straight away apparrently a suspected miscarriage isnt an urgent case at the hospital apparently a sprained wrist is more urgent then my pains. I sat for 6 hours in the waiting room witht he pain hurting the crap outta me and watching ppl with less urgent things go in before me i didnt get a bed till 3:30am.What would these pains be i couldnt even walk as it hurt that much.The doctors didnt seem to give a s*&t about me tell me to go home and take panadol. I finally got a bed and didnt even get to see a dr till 6am that morning that wouldnt give me any pain relief I am sure that thats not the way they should have treated me.The pains are like a knife going into ur uterus and going down ur vagina I seriously thought i was having a miscarriage but i had all the tests and luckliy i am still pregnant i am just worried on what these pains are i havebeen stressed but i didnt think i would get these pains an feel so exhausted with walking a few steps.Any advice on what can to relieve these pains or anything i can do to stop being tired and have no energy.thanks

Old 10-30-2005, 09:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User
Re: is this normal?

It could just be your muscles stretching. It's called round ligament pain [I think]. It really hurts terribly; when I first experienced it I called my doctor at 3 in the morning screaming and crying. She thought I was in early labor until my husband took the phone and explained where the pain was!

No heating pads, only Tylenol for pain. What really helps many women is swimming or just relaxing in a warm pool. The water pressure helps hold everything together and keep the ligaments from stretching too severely. As your tummy grows, rest it on a body pillow or bunched up blanket rather than lying crooked to rest it on the bed; that will relieve pressure on the muscles. Otherwise, you'll have to hold out through them. They'll make you a stronger person for the leg cramps to come!

PS : In the future, when something like that happens, demand to be sent to OB. I was kept waiting in the ER for hours once with my first pregnancy, and they just sent me up to OB right afterwards at my OBGYN's orders. If you call your doctor, day or night with uncertain pain have her paged, she can call ahead and tell them to get a bed ready for you. You'll have to stay a bit longer and be admitted, but the people looking at you will give you MUCH better care and more concern.

Last edited by ittal; 10-30-2005 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added ps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2005, 05:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

It does sound like it's your ligaments stretching. It is a very awful pain and it is very scary. Fortunately for me, that's what endometriosis pains feel like and I have been used to those pains for years now! I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience at the hospital, that's ridiculous!!! Is it an American hospital?

Last edited by Mommie-2-B; 10-31-2005 at 05:17 AM.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:25 AM   #4
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie-2-B
Fortunately for me, that's what endometriosis pains feel like and I have been used to those pains for years now!
Me too! I went in at 6 wks because of endo-type pain and it turned out a cyst had burst. I went in last week for similar pain and she said it was just ligament pain. I couldn't believe it. It feels exactly like my endo pain, which is pretty excrutiating at times. But, at least now that I know nothing is wrong with my little one, I can pretty much handle the pain because I'm used to it!

Old 10-31-2005, 05:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

So funny Sickofit!! I actually didn't know I was pregnant for 2 months because of my good ole' endo. I was having those fun pains and I just knew that it was impossible to be pregnant and to still feel endo pains! Plus I was still having my period. It turned out that the pains were not endo pains, they were my ligaments stretching. Good luck to you! I'm so glad to hear of another woman with endo making it to pregnancy!! We are very fortunate and blessed

Old 10-31-2005, 05:34 AM   #6
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Mommie-2-B, I had to have surgery to remove my endo because we were trying for so long. The doc told me about a month after the surgery that the endo was starting to come back, but we got pregnant, yay! We definitley are fortunate because there are a lot of ladies with endo that aren't. Good luck to you too!

Old 10-31-2005, 05:37 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I also had a laproscopy, but that was over 4 years ago. I went through two years of forced monopause (oh that was fun) and it still came back. When my DH and I started to try, my doc said for us to give it six months and then we would more than likely need the surgery again. He was telling us to expect to get pregnant between six and 12 months. Well, we TTC on April 1st and that's when we conceived!! It was a miracle!!! I know several friends who cannot conceive with endo and my heart breaks for them.

Last edited by Mommie-2-B; 10-31-2005 at 05:37 AM.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:50 AM   #8
Veteran

sickofit HB User

I also wanted to mention that I am very fortunate because this is our second child. Our ds turned 5 this past July. My endo problems didn't start until he was about 2 yrs old. So, when the doc wasn't too optimistic about us conceiving again we consoled ourselves with the fact that we already have a beautiful little guy.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Oh my gosh, that is similar to me! My DH and I had a boy 7 years ago and I developed endo about 2 years after he was born. WOW, what a coincidence!

Old 10-31-2005, 05:57 AM   #10
Veteran

sickofit HB User

WOW - that is funny!!

Old 10-31-2005, 09:20 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hiya
i just wanted to say i hope all goes well i know it is scary sitting in a and e, i m/c in may and it is the same in the uk medics don't care about early m/c as there is little they can do to prevent it if m/c has started it is so upsetting that noone else seems to care about your baby vent sorry but it really pees me off big time ahh. anyway hope the pains subside soon but if you do bleed go back to see a doc best wishes

Old 10-31-2005, 02:11 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Cuddly, I know what you mean about the ER treating you like crap. I'm 11 weeks pg. I was in there 2 weeks ago with extreme pains, it began in my lower left side and radiated across my belly. After 4 hours, the doc came in and suspected I had a cyst, but was unsure, just to follow-up with my ob. I did just that 5 days later and come to find out, it is (or was) a 9 cm cyst on my ovary. I go back in 2 weeks and if it's still there, I have to have surgery. I've never been in labor before, but for 3 days, I swear it felt like it could've been labor pains. Hurt really bad.

The ER nurses kept trying to give me that crap about it's probably just stretching, but I knew that it wasn't. In all honesty, you know your own pain level threshold and I'm sure if it was just stretching, you wouldn't have waited in the ER that long. Have your ob double-check your ultrasound pics just to make sure.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:54 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Myloathe, I've had a significantly sized cyst before on my ovary and I would take that pain anyday over labor pains!! LOL You'll see what I mean in a few months

It would be a good idea to have them check your u/s....but it should have been picked up immediately if you did a vaginal u/s. (not all doctors do the vaginal u/s) You would be screaming like a baby and the tech would find it. Gosh I am starting to re-live those pains I did when they found my cyst, YIKES that was awful.

Closed Thread