It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User
December Mommas?

Where'd the thread go? I didn't see it on the first 3 pages...

How's everyone doing? I was looking for a place to post my boo-hoos, so I'll do it here!

34 weeks...hitting the home stretch. They just moved my due date up a week tentatively (from the 15th to the 8th, because I'm measuring large).

The leg cramps have started. The nurse said it could be from too much calcium, and they started as soon as I started taking Tums for heartburn. Decided to take the heartburn and lose the leg cramps. So far, so good (-beating on the wood desk-).

Contractions are coming, too, 2-3 times an hour. I'm fairly certain I'll go early (before Thanksgiving), but my hubby thinks it's just overly hopeful! If I don't go I'll be induced the first week of December.

It's the third time around but I'm scared as all get out. I'm terrified on the epidural, of the IV, of the stitches, of postpartum...This bebe was highly unplanned (15 month different between her and the last one!). I'm petrified....

[/ramble]

Old 10-31-2005, 04:41 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User
Re: December Mommas?

hey there!
im currently 33 wks. not having having a horrible time. except, i feel like im more emotional then ever! i cant wait to have my body back! im really, really looking forward to christmas this year. things will be way better this year then last. (had a friend die from a car accident last Dec.) my little man will be the best present ever! hehe.
Altari-im scared to death as well, this is my first child. however, my doctors will take good care of me as yours will for you.
hope everyone is doing good and hanging in there. not too much longer to go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2005, 05:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Altari, what makes you feel like you are going to go early? I've been having the same feeling too. I just have an instinct, I guess. I'm only 31 weeks and 4 days, so it would be way too early to go now. I would love to go mid December and have him home for Christmas. But I'll be perfectly fine with having him home on New Years Eve, because that's what the plan is unless there are complications on the 29th.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie-2-B
Altari, what makes you feel like you are going to go early? I've been having the same feeling too.
I've been having contractions and feeling 'ready' for a few weeks. Every day it seems closer and closer, whereas with my first two I just kept getting BIGGER and there was no end in sight!

I'm having contractions every 10-15 minutes now, although they're less severe since I ate dinner and downed a bottle of water. I was so hopeful tonight was the night too! I'm ready to EXPLODE!!!

Old 11-09-2005, 06:00 AM   #5
(female)

brittney_marie HB User

You ladies are crazy!!! I dont care how much pain I am, Im not ready yet, I dont want this baby out yet!!! Im so rediculously scared, i dont know what to do. The biggest thing on my mind is that I dont have everything done and ready to go... I havent packed my hospital bag... And my semester at college doesnt end until my exact due date, dec 16... I wont be able to complete finals if I go early. Ive been getting urges to clean at weird times, and my mother said maybe Ill go early The past week, sleep? I forget what it is, my back hurts so bad that I couldnt get a full hour of sleep if i was drugged! I'm really scared and hope I go FULL TERM-and not 38 wks-i need all 40!! I need the extra time to prep

Old 11-09-2005, 06:07 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I'm not ready either. I think we finally just agreed on a name after all this time. We haven't pained the nursery because my DH is so picky and we can't agree on anything. My shower isn't until the 19th so I don't have anything for the baby. My bag isn't packed yet....STAY IN THERE LITTLE ONE!! I feel like I'm going to go early, but we'll see.

I really wanted to get up and start cleaning the other night. I could have too. I was so ready, but I didn't because of my DH. The next day I was exhausted from just thinking about cleaning all night, so I didn't do squat. GRRR

Old 11-09-2005, 08:44 AM   #7
(female)

brittney_marie HB User

Im still debating on a name... My biggest mistake was telling the family a name that I was considering, so my family is literally calling my baby that name already.. I am undecisive on a name, and now I feel like I have to go with that name because the family is already calling him it!!! Even if I do go with the name I picked, I am completely unsure of a middle name to go with it...!!!!

Old 11-09-2005, 10:22 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

[QUOTE=Altari]
34 weeks...hitting the home stretch. They just moved my due date up a week tentatively (from the 15th to the 8th, because I'm measuring large).

Hi Altari,
we are due right around the same time ...i'm currently 34 wks, due the 17th...i have a ultrasound on saturday because doc says i'm measuring 2 wks ahead. i also hope they move my due date up. i will keep you posted. what are you having?

Old 11-13-2005, 01:36 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

Dec Mommas where are you?!
so i went to my ultrasound on saturday to see if i was actually 2 wks ahead of schedule...to my disappointment he is right on schedule, so i will not be having him earlier. lol. which is fine. the tech says that he is 5 pds, 5 oz at the moment. WHOA! and i still have a little over a mth to go. anywho, he looked so cute in there. i cant wait to see him next mth.
hope you all are doing well!!!

Old 11-14-2005, 12:16 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

I've been working working working!!!

Doctor's appointment tomorrow to find out if I'll be induced early. I can't stand this. I'm getting next to NO sleep at night, and what I do get it terrible. I have wretched pelvic floor pain (sharp, stabbing pains whenever I move slightly off a straight path with my hips), not to mention the cramps in my thighs and hips if I'm sedentary for more than 15 minutes. My stomach is enormous, my ankles suddenly swelled up, I'm cranky, I'm tired, and I just want to be NOT PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!! /rant

We think I'm having girl #3 by the way! My doc guestimated that this one is already 'ready to go' so probably a little over 6 pounds. She's very willing to have an early induction if baby is ready. Hopefully I'll be progressing already and we can just speed things along. I'd like to have her before Thanksgiving.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:40 AM   #11
(female)

brittney_marie HB User

I hear ya about sleep! I get stabbing pains in my back, which leads to my 2hour-a-night sleep... I go for the strep B test on thursday, hopefully that comes out negative! My Doc said that 1/4 of people test positive, thats kinda scary!!

One little problem I am having is, I STILL DO NOT HAVE A NAME!!! AHHHH! I always go back to the name Julian, but I like the name Carmine!! So if I use Julian as a first, I will use Carmine as a middle... But I have no middle name if I go with Carmine.... What do you ladies think?

Old 11-14-2005, 05:28 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I really love the name Julian. When you first told us about it a few months ago I really loved it!! I haven't started losing much sleep yet. I have had killer charlie horses though! I had two spontaneous ones Saturday on both of my calves and one last night. It's really horrible. My poor DH!! I wake up screaming and he doesn't know what he can do to help. I'll tell you what, I've been through labor and this feels worse.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #13
(female)

brittney_marie HB User

I used to get those kind of charlie horses in my calves when I was a child. I would wake up crying and my mom would pull my foot forward (toward me) and rub my calf... It actually relieved the pain after a few minutes, but I sure would be sore the next day! I feel your pain!!!

Old 11-15-2005, 08:30 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

It's the worst pain in the whole world! I've had them so many times, but the ones that I get when I'm pregnant are out of this world. My calves have been knotted up for days now. It's terrible Oh well, if that's my only complaint, then I'm doing pretty good

Old 11-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie-2-B
It's the worst pain in the whole world!
....I wish that's all labor felt like! I can talk through my leg cramps.

Closed Thread