It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
(female)

sarah_bear001 HB User
Pregnant on the Pill???

I've been on birth control for almost two years, but I have to admit that I haven't always taken it properly, and last month I got completely screwed up, I forgot to take a couple pills, so I just skipped the 'week off' and started on a new pack. I know this is dumb behavior, BUT my real question is, I know it is possible to get pregnant while taking the pill, especially if you don't take it right. The last week or so I have been having nausea, back pain, heartburn, exhaustion, headaches, etc, and my friends are all bugging me to take a pregnancy test. Before I do though, I want to know if pregnancy symptoms are the same no matter what, and if I should expect my next period even if I am pregnant, since it's scheduled and everything? It's due in four days, but I have no clue if it will show up on schedule since I screwed up last month with my pills. I am planning to take an EPT in the next couple days, but any help would be great

Old 10-31-2005, 05:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: Pregnant on the Pill???

Yes, you can get pregnant on the pill, especially if you miss pills. I am kind of on the same boat. I missed one pill and didn't realize it. I doubled up when I did. You did the right thing of starting a new pack.

I had a son last December. My pregnancy symptoms were the same as my PMS symptoms. I would wait until your period has been late before you test. If you take it too early it may not pick up the hormones. If it is negative and you don't get your period wait a week before testing again.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2005, 07:18 AM   #3

jriegel HB User

I have three friends who, to my knowledge, took the pill completely correctly and still got pregnant. So it's very possible

Old 10-31-2005, 04:47 PM   #4
(female)

sevans929 HB User

I got pregnant while on the pill, so yes it's definitely possible. Pregnancy symptoms vary from person to person, so I wouldn't suspect pregnancy on symptoms alone. I missed my first period while I was pregnant on the pill. I stopped taking it as soon as I found out I was pregnant. If your period is only 4 days away you can take an early pregnancy test (I believe First Response can be used up to 5 days before your missed period). If not, just take a test if you miss your period. Although some people can still get their period while pregnant.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
(female)

waiting4baby05 HB User

Well if you missed pills and "took time off" then obviously you can get pregnant. And the symptoms are the same pill or no pill. I got pregnant on the pill and took it like I was suppose to.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #6
(female)

sarah_bear001 HB User

I guess I wasn't clear, I know you can get pregnant on the pill, I just wanted to know if there's any difference in symptoms, like if the pill effects this at all.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:11 PM   #7
(female)

waiting4baby05 HB User

Nope no difference in symtpoms. You may have more nausea do to the added hormones.

Closed Thread