It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2005, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

KLynne13 HB User
31 Weeks and trouble breathing...

Hi All~
I am 31 weeks, and up until this point have had no real trouble breathing. Just in the past week I've noticed that when I roll over in bed I feel like my lungs are deflated. I toss and turn a lot through the night, and now instead of just being able to roll over I have to sit up then lie back down on the other side if I want to reposition myself. If I don't do it that way, I feel like the wind has been completely knocked out of me. It only happens to me when I'm lying down. I've had no other real problems with shortness of breath. What seems really weird to me, is that I am starting to feel the baby dropping, and I thought typically that made breathing easier, not more difficult. Doesn't that seem weird? Anyone else with this problem?
~Kelly

Old 10-31-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Re: 31 Weeks and trouble breathing...

Klynne, I too am having this problem. I have a hard time talking sometimes and it sounds like I just ran a marathon when I do. It's not when I lay down though. I feel like the baby has dropped but my lungs are telling me otherwise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2005, 04:53 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User
Re: 31 Weeks and trouble breathing...

Hiya...

I'm 35 weeks and have been feeling breathless for sometime also. Especially when lying down in bed. I've noticed tho that because my boobs are so much heavier I'm having to weight lift them when taking a breath in. I've found a great position to ease this tho... I get on my knees and elbows with pillow supports under my belly and boobs and it relieves pressure on my lower back/hips/etc and it also allows me to get lots of good breaths in.

won't be long now and we'll have our lovely babies to hold

Closed Thread