It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 07:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Unhappy I think I overdid it last night

We had our annual Fall Festival last night at church and my DH and I got there at 4:30 to volunteer. With a church as large as ours, there is always work to be done. There were over 3000 kids there and it was a mad house. Basically I was on my feet non stop from 4:30 to 9:30. For half of the time I was just selling tickets, but the other half of the time we were running a game booth and I had to keep bending over and things like that. Plus, I ate a personal cheese pizza (it was the only thing available) and my DH and I split a funnel cake. (ok, we didn't need that) Oh, and I can't forget the 4 pieces of chocolate! (well, I did need that LOL)

Needless to say, I was so exhaused last night. My pelvis was KILLING me, I couldn't walk. I had to lean on my DH to get into the house. I really felt like I needed a wheelchair. Plus, when I laid down to go to sleep, I got hit with this overwhelming nausea. I was so sick all night long!! I ate a few tums through the night but it didn't help like it normally would. And I had so much heartburn. I will NEVER do that again.

I guess I just wanted to gripe a bit. Thanks for listening

Old 11-01-2005, 07:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User
Re: I think I overdid it last night

your churchs fall festival sounds like it was sooo much fun. sorry you felt so bad last night. we took my kids to a really nice neighborhood with these really big houses to trick or treat and i was the one who walked them to all the houses, since my hubby is too shy, and that just killed my left hip. these houses had such huge walk ways leading up to their front doors and after a couple i was hurting pretty bad but i kept going for the kids. by the end of the night i could barely walk and laying on my side and back killed me. i have fibromyalgia and i am use to just taking something to help with the pain but now i am having to tough it out. it is very hard especially when i over do it the way i did. at least the kiddos had fun.
i hope you are feeling better today and that you get to take it a bit easy i know i am.
love,
robin (girl75)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2005, 07:53 AM   #3
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

Mommie~
I have a similar experience a few weeks ago. Isn't it so frustrating not being able to do things that used to seem simple?! I forget a lot that I have to take it easy, and try to take on too much!
I hope you can relax today! Soak in the tub and prop your feet up in front of the tv!
I hope you feel better!
~Kelly

Old 11-01-2005, 08:04 AM   #4
Veteran

Teresa882003 HB User

I feel for you!! How far along are you. I know I was beat last night, we went to our Church also. I went over right after work to help get the food ready, and my DH met me there afterwards with our 16 mo old son. I helped serve the food, then after everyone else ate, I got me 2 hot dogs (also only thing available besides desserts.) I also had a sugar cookie. Then chased my son around videoing him having a blast. I don't know how you did all that, we go to a much much smaller church, we may have had 100 people there total, and I was exhausted. We left at about 8, and I had to go home and finish laundry, and I was so tired, and my back is sore today.

Gripe away, you deserve it. Try to take it easy for a couple days and recooperate.
Its a Girl 1/12/06

Old 11-01-2005, 08:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow! I was running a booth for preschoolers to 5-6 year olds. They were to stack cups into a pyramid shape. I had a sample of what they were to do. It was so much fun especially when they were racing each other.

I had this one girl who was literally 15 come and she couldn't figure it out. I felt so bad for her until she got frustrated and knocked over her cups and my sample pyramid. Ok, I'm obviously pretty pregnant and she stood there as I bent over and collected about 15 cups off the floor. I thought that was pretty rude, or it could be my hormones. But I had to have a nice big smile on my face Then she stood there text messaging someone for a few minutes as I was picking everything back up. Grrr

Old 11-01-2005, 08:32 AM   #6
Veteran

Teresa882003 HB User

Wow I really feel for you then, cause I will be 30 wks Thursday and I know how I felt and I wasn't on my feet as much as you. By the end of the night I felt like my stomach was twice as big and sore, like hanging with no support. I know it was just were I was tired. I don't know if I am larger this time around or what but I definately feel it, even though I haven't gained much, I feel huge somedays.

Well I would have gotten upset that she didn't offer to help pick up the cups especially since it is probably apparent you are pregnant and her being 15 she should have known better. Then again she couldn't figure out how to stack the cups that the 5 and 6 year olds were doing, so maybe that answers a question or two. HUH? LOL

Take it easy and put your feet up, you deserve a break.
Its a Girl 1/12/06

Old 11-01-2005, 08:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I think I'm going to take a mid-day bath today. I normally only do that at night to wind down but I am miserable. I can still barely walk because of the pressure on my pelvis. I hope that I didn't hurt myself with all of that activity last night.

I guess I wasn't too mad at the girl, I was just a little shocked I guess. LOL!!! She may have been trying to get my DH's attention, he's such a hottie. She was begging him to race her and of course he did becuase he's a nice guy. But when she couldn't figure it out she flipped out.

Closed Thread