It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User
pains... is this normal for me to be having.??

Ok, I am just going to ask it... certain ways I move, like turn, even if its slight turning, I get these sharp pains that run through my abdominal area, to my vagina.. kinda feels like a knife.. but I wouldnt say its that strong. I can feel that there is pain right where the baby is sometimes... feels like a ball, followed by mild cramps.. This has been going on for a while.. but never knew if it was normal.. no blood or anything like that... I was thinking that perhaps I have a bladder infection. I just cant tell what is what anymore. I am just about 4 month pregnant now...could this just be stretching? Or an infection? Or just something normal?

Old 11-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Re: pains... is this normal for me to be having.??

The sharp pains sound like it's stretching pains and the ball followed by cramping sounds like it's BHC's....although my stretching pains are ridiculously strong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2005, 01:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

I am also approaching the end of my 4th month and am experiencing those pains as well. Sometimes the sharpness is so bad that I instinctively hold my breath and buckle over. I had this with my first pregnancy as well so I know I am ok. You are too!! It's just the baby growing and stretching all of your insides. It sounds unpleasant but I actually welcome the pains. It means the little one is growing and healthy!

Old 11-01-2005, 01:53 PM   #4
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

yay... at least I know now that its nothing bad... let me ask this.. is it normal to discharge a little.. not a lot...but a little?? Could that be an infection or something normal. GOSH I am so excited.. I am ready for labor.. I want my baby.. teehee.. anyway.. let me know.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Your discharge will increase substantially during pregnancy. Mine was ridiculous there for a while but is pretty much back to normal now. You might want to get used to wearing panty liners for a while

Old 11-01-2005, 04:05 PM   #6
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

yeah I agree.. it is pretty bad sometimes.. what I hate most is the pregnancy smell. I dont like it much. Its totally different... Its nasty.. its strong. Am I alone with the foul smell?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Wink Re: pains... is this normal for me to be having.??

Your body is changing and that includes your discharge!! By the time I was 6 or 7 months along I couldn't go more than 10 minutes without a liner. I also noticed a change is my "smells"! Right from the smell of my skin to the smell of the discharge. That too is perfectly normal. If you are having any pain urinating or continual pains in the pelvic region it wouldn't hurt to go to the Dr. and have them test your urine or check for a yeast infection. However, it sounds like you are just experiencing pregnancy!!
I'm glad you are so excited to go through labour and deliver your baby. I too was very excited, a little scared but for the most part just plain excited! Now that I have done it once and will have to do it again in April I'm not looking forward to it as much because now I know what to expect...sort of.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:07 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Baby#2 - oh boy can I sympathize on the 'now that I've done it once I'm not looking forward too it as much!!!". I was never excited with #1....scared to death but knew I'd get through it. It was a very horrible experience for me, mostly because I was induced and had an awful and long labour. This time I am using a midwife, am refusing to be induced and plan to use as many natural methods to speed things up/tolerate the pain as possible. AND when all else fails...I'll go for the drugs!!!
As for discharge...I have no different smell....there is the same slightly unpleasant ordour that I had a times during my normal cycle it just lasts all the time!!!! I have never had enough for a liner though...this time or last. I do get cm that is like ewcm about once a week though and this seems strange to me.

Closed Thread