It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
(female)

springflowers HB User
Unhappy new member...test said neg but no period and feelin different...

ok so i bought one of those equate brand pg tests...and it came out neg. was curious how often that happens and what brand is best ect. I feel like i am, and I am irritable lately, more tired than normal, and have unexplainable feelings as well...(new to the whole thing)...anyhow I have had hormone imbalances throughout my teens, and now into my bday, (24) i think im getting them again...sometimes i can go 6 months w out a period and not feel preggo, and know im not, but now i feel like i am and am kinda lost as to what to do..I also have scoliosis, and its affecting that as well, (pain in my back really bad) and was wondering how many out there have had scoliosis, (trace), and how many had safe childbirths ect..my bf and i really want a baby, and are stable ect ect and i was wondering what the best options for that were, and best fertility methods ect...i know its not him, (trust me on this one lol), and i have had doctors say i have low-estrogen levels....so any tips ect? could a low-estrogen level affect a test if i was preggo? i am begging to wonder and its beggining to bother me...I will be going in for a blood test soon, just hoping to get advice, and new to the board......

Old 11-02-2005, 03:04 AM   #2
(female)

springflowers HB User
Re: new member...test said neg but no period and feelin different...

please can someone with a kind heart and experience help me???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 03:23 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

How many days past your period are you? I've heard sometimes it takes a few weeks to get a positive result--some people I've heard a month or more. The blood test is much more sensitive.
Have you guys tried charting your cycles? If you have irregular cycles you might not be ovulating regularly. I don't really know much about estrogen levels though--sorry.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:35 AM   #4
(female)

springflowers HB User
Wink Re: new member...test said neg but no period and feelin different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyz
How many days past your period are you? I've heard sometimes it takes a few weeks to get a positive result--some people I've heard a month or more. The blood test is much more sensitive.
Have you guys tried charting your cycles? If you have irregular cycles you might not be ovulating regularly. I don't really know much about estrogen levels though--sorry.

Actually, last period i had was Sept 15th, and I am going to definatly get a bloodtest, but I was curious how different the two were and how accurate ect, I was also curious, if you've had a miscarrage in your past can it affect future pregnancys and hormones ect ect? I was almost certian the urine test would come out positive, (Especially how often..urm...yeah on the trying part lol)...anyway, theres almost no way I couldn't be unless my bodies that messed up...but why do I feel this way? I feel like I bash myself down sometimes just because I have to take one of those friggin' things, and it doesn't come out how I feel...but this times more different...I dont really know how to explain it, its like when you look forward to something for so long, and then you just kinda know no matter what a stick tells u but then u really wonder lol....anyhow guess im just rambling now right? ty for the reply and the help btw..I have tried charting, and we did it on every one of the fertile days, not to mention umm the rest of the month to uh...make sure? lol...

Old 11-02-2005, 08:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

My last period was Sept 13th and I have had two negative tests. One was equate. A miscarriage does not affect your future pregnancy chances. I believe you must have at least three miscarriages before a doctor will associate a problem. I am on birth control. I was told to wait and test when I finish my current pack. I don't think I can wait that long!!!

Old 11-02-2005, 08:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Springflowers;

Unfortunately I can't help you with the low estrogen levels but I can tell you that the blood test will give you the most accurate results. For most, a pt will be positive if you are pregnant by the day or day after you miss your period. This is assuming a 28 day cycle.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:47 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

I think a blood test is in order (if you want my opinion ) I know, you did say you were going to get one. I know it's hard to wait, but if you were charting and you recognized your fertile period then you're probably ovulating regularly...so your chances of conceiving are good. I'm 24 too and was surprised that it took almost 10 months to get pregnant even with charting, so, don't get discouraged. I don't really know anything about the scoliosis or estrogen levels, but I do wish you a very BFP when you go for your blood test...let us know when you find out!

Old 11-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #8
(female)

cl51630 HB User

i too 10 days late lmp sept 25 have taken 6 hpt all negative. go in the morning for blood work. we'll see, i dont understand if i'm pregnant why doesn't the test say it?????

Old 11-03-2005, 03:24 AM   #9
(female)

springflowers HB User
Red face Re: new member...test said neg but no period and feelin different...

hi, i hope all that have found this thread, and posted in it, their problems as well, get the answer they want when they do the same testing, or bloodtest ect...i know alot of us are probably trying for various reasons, i'll keep ya'll updated on what i find out when i go in, i guess its being anxious and wanting to know that can drive a person nuts lol....anyhow, as for the feelings, ect, i hope i figure those causes out too, because i know different people get those feelings for different reasons too.. i just hope mine comes out positive instead of negative lol gets kinda depressing sometimes...thank you all for your posting, if you get any more info ect please feel free to continue posting in this thread!!! i hope if the info doesnt help me, or i find out my answers soon, it will at least be there for someone else that may need it...anyhow guess thats it talk to u all later, and gl.

Closed Thread