It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 09:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
april mommies 3

just opening a new thread as the moderator has closed the last one. hope everyone is well now we are nearing the half way mark

Last edited by weepyone; 11-02-2005 at 09:43 AM.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User
Re: april mommies 3

I hope everyone can find this page. I don't like when it is just cut off like that!
-Stacey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 10:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I am really beginning to feel some stretching or growing of the baby/uterus now. It feels like a sour belly, kinda crampy but very mild, nothing to write home about. It also isn't constant either, more on and off and I notice more when I am by myself because there are no distractions.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I am 15 weeks tomorrow with my second child and I am already experiencing things I didn't get until the 3rd trimester with my first. I just went for a brisk 20 minute walk and half way through I didn't know if I was going to make it because of the pains shooting across my lower back (tail bone area). Also, after I sit for a while, when I get up my bones feel tight and it hurts to walk?! This can't be normal so early on?
Also, after sitting or lying down for a while my feet hurt sooooo bad when I put them down and initially get up. After taking a few steps the pain lessens but it's always there?

Old 11-02-2005, 11:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Orange;
Just wanted to ask you a personal question. You seem to really, really, really want a girl. So do I!! enough that I dream about it and pray everyday. I have a wonderful son and a daughter would complete the picture perfectly. I was just wondering if you have prepared yourself for the possibility that you may have a ds. I ask because during my first pregnancy I was convinced I was having a girl (mainly because I wanted one really bad!) and when the baby came out as a boy I was in shock and it took a little while for me to want to bond with him because I wasn't prepared.
Also, I read another one of your posts about how 2 years ago you were big at 120lbs???????? That my dear is not big! In fact, 115-130 for 5' 3" is a healthy weight!! Just thought I would mention this because I was 125lbs when I got pregnant and I am the same height as you...and I must admit I looked pretty darn good in my bikini on my honeymoon!! Guess I felt a little insulted...just had to get that off my chest!

Old 11-02-2005, 11:46 AM   #6
(female)

lrguyer HB User

For all of you veterans at this pg stuff.....

I am having an awful time with only one cheek of my rear end feeling like it is falling asleep or just not getting enough blood to it. I am only 15 and a half weeks. Is the baby big enough now to be laying on my blood vessels or nerves to make this happen? Or is my behind just being weird? Thanks!

Old 11-02-2005, 11:48 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby#2
I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I am 15 weeks tomorrow with my second child and I am already experiencing things I didn't get until the 3rd trimester with my first. I just went for a brisk 20 minute walk and half way through I didn't know if I was going to make it because of the pains shooting across my lower back (tail bone area). Also, after I sit for a while, when I get up my bones feel tight and it hurts to walk?! This can't be normal so early on?
Also, after sitting or lying down for a while my feet hurt sooooo bad when I put them down and initially get up. After taking a few steps the pain lessens but it's always there?
Baby#2,
The lower back, shooting pain, is normal. I get it too. I asked my doctor about it and he said it is my sciatic nerve being pinched. He said there is not a whole lot I can do about it. He even said it could get worse as the baby gets bigger!
Sorry for being the barer of bad news,
Stacey

Old 11-02-2005, 11:49 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

orange,
You said 120's was big??? Boy you are going to cause a lot of problems in this chatroom!

Old 11-02-2005, 12:19 PM   #9
(female)

Whoababy HB User

hello everyone,
It's nice to hear from all of you. It's been awhile since i've posted. Well, I went for my 18 week u/s yesterday to look for abnormalities and to find out the sex. I think everything looked good but since my baby was sleeping the whole time, we didn't find out the sex. He/She hardly moved at all.. Is that normal? I'll be 19 weeks this weekend and I still haven't felt it move. Anyhow, How is everyone's weight gain going? I've gained about 6lbs now.. how many more do you think I'll gain? Just wondering, I find myself caring less and less about getting fat. Take care, Casey

Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #10
(female)

angelbaby4912 HB User

Orange- FYI, if you think that being 120 is big, you may have a body image distortion disorder. I have heard of people that have had this. I was 125 and 5'4" tall before BFP and I know that I was small. As a matter of fact I looked good. I was bigger ofter the birth of my daughter and lost down to that weight. Anything any smaller most adult women would look sick and unhealthy. I agree that between 115 and 130 is an ideal weight for someone who is 5'3".

Last edited by angelbaby4912; 11-02-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #11
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoababy
How is everyone's weight gain going? I've gained about 6lbs now.. how many more do you think I'll gain? Just wondering, I find myself caring less and less about getting fat.
I had my 14 wk appt today and I've gained 15 lbs! I only gained 30 lbs with my first, but with this one I am constantly hungry!

Old 11-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hiya
i gained about 12 pounds now at 19 almost 20 weeks i am 5ft 5 and weight 140pounds pre pg and i can asure you my bmi was 24 which is in normal healthy limits. I have never been overweight in fact it is wierd seeing the scales keep going up and up but i am hoping it will just fall off after lol. i have been going to aqua aerobics and yoga for some me time and it is great i also note from the women at these classes all my development is fine. to be honest i am surprised by how many pg women do worry far too much about their weight i never really think of mine except when i come to this board and see people stressing about 4 pounds lol. i guess i have always had a good positive body image but then again i need to for my job.
take care and lets hope we all look great asap after all the hard labour aaah but more importantly that all our babies are fit and fantastically well and happy

Old 11-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

My husband and I really do want a girl, we will find out in two weeks. If it is a boy that is okay too, especially if I find out in two weeks then I can proceed to come up with a name and and begin to buy boy clothes. I am also okay with a boy because it will be fun to play trucks with him and ball (although girls can do that too) I am totally okay with a boy, I just feel and would like a girl.

I am 5'2" and when I was 120 pounds I was too big for my frame. That means at 120 I have rolls on my stomach when I sit down, jeans too tight with the stomach coming over the top of the waistband, inner thighs touching and when I sit indian style and look in the mirror I could see cottage cheese dimples in my outer thighs. I was heavier like this when I was in the military was eating all that galley food, which was way too much food several times a day. I also worked out alot during my time in the military and as soon as I got out I went back down to 108 which was the weight I was before I came into the military. So, I am saying for me, 120 is way to big, it was uncomfortable. I eat healthy porportions, normal good food and I to take 10-12 pounds and pack it on my frame was too much weight. At my normal weight around 108 I look normal, I have a flat stomach but not workout flat or anything like that, my thighs are still soft but they don't touch. I am not a stick skinny either. Don't be insulted, everyone is different.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:59 PM   #14
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepyone
it is wierd seeing the scales keep going up and up
I know how you feel! I'm 14 wks with a weight gain of 15 lbs... so that's about a pound a week! I don't even own a scale so just to see that huge gain every four wks at my ob visit is kind of shocking. I am 5'10" and 125 lbs pre-pregnancy and this 15 lbs is sitting on my body so differently it's in my hips and face... whereas with my first pregnancy I gained a total of 30 lbs and it was all baby! It looked like I was carrying a basketball under my shirt. So after I delivered I didn't really have that much to lose. Curious to see how long it will take my hips to tame down after this one.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:59 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi orange
i feel the same but want a boy i think this is partly why i am unsure about finding out did you read my last post on our last april thread? i am so confused whats new lol. i just worry what if i am disappointed i did not think i was bothered about what sex i had but really i must be more than i thought. As long as the baby is fine and dandy i would give my legs to make sure i suppose i don't really care . see is it me or do i get more confusing the more i talk about it lol help me lol

Closed Thread