It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

lrguyer HB User
BM = Labor???

Alright, this is going to be TMI, but bear with me. I know that when you go into labor they tell you to bear down as if you were having a BM. Is anyone else scared that when they are pushing hard to have a BM while pg this will induce labor? I know that this seems silly and that it won't happen. But I am just always scared that I am pushing so hard from being constipated that I half expect a little foot to come dangling out. Anyone else out there think like me?

Old 11-02-2005, 11:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Re: BM = Labor???

I DO! But I'm just a freak about things!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Girls!!! Don't worry about stuff like that!! I had massive constipation with my first pg and I know the thoughts that can go through one's head but you have nothing to concern yourself with. I'm actually worried when you say you're pushing so hard. I do know that's not good. Unfortunately this can cause hemoroids...take colace or talk to your dr. about other options. I personally was told to have:

1 cup apple sauce (or juice)
1 tbsp bran
Prune juice to taste and texture
splash of cinnomon

It's actually not bad!! Have this as soon as you feel like you are constipated...or everyday to be safe and you shouldn't have to push so hard!
Your cervix is completely sealed shut and very thick. That baby isn't going anywhere!

Old 11-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

it shouldn't as long as your still closed...they only worry about that in special circumstances...i.e. mine where my water was broken, baby was already head down and they didnt know whether my cervix was open or closed and i was having mild contractions...dont worry...just make sure you either take colace or get enuff fiber and stuff so you're not constipated

Old 11-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I'm actually don't get constipated often, so that's a good thing. Baby2 is right, you should be pushing that hard or you could cause a hemoroid. I just worry about everythng at this stage, especially when my pelvis is hurting all the time. I'm 32 weeks and getting close....everything runs through your mind at this stage!

Old 11-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

lol i feel the same i have had constipation and it worries me pushing in case a foot comes out too lol. in all the programmes showing births i notice that sometimes the midwife holds some wipes by your bum so at least if you poo you can maintain some dignity.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Just some info that should help you to feel better in regards to what can happen in labour. It really does often feel like you have had a bm when you give that final push. I was convinced I had when I had ds but it turns out that I didn't and was freaking for nothing. When I asked later they said it often feels that way but is actually pretty rare to have happen but if it does it does, no biggie.
So don't worry it will all be fine!!!

Closed Thread