It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #1

mum2bepb HB User
Help My Please

I had intercourse on a friday night, i didnt use protection and the guy ejaculated inside of me. I then had sex on the Sunday night, with a different guy, and the condom tore at the sides, and as soon as he realized he pulled out of me and ejaculated onto the bed. I rushed out and took the MAP immediatly. I am now 5 months pregnant. I am still stressing about this, i told friday nights guy that he is the father because he actually ejaculated inside of me. what are the chances that the morning after pill didnt work for me at all? and also how long does it actually take to become pregnant. is it possible i was already pregnant when I took the emergancy contraceptive? I would hate to think i told the wrong person. Im very stressed about this. I was wondering if you could answer my questions. I know your probably going to say i need to take a paternity test but i need to put my mind at ease before I give myself an ulcer.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
(female)

petalz HB User
Re: Help My Please

You can also get pregnant by male lubrication (male preejacualte). I'm a bit confused. You took the MAP and are now 5 months pregnant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I'm unsure as to why you would take the MAP after a condom broke, but not after you had sex with a man without a condom. Did the doctor say you could have hurt the baby had you already been pregnant when taking the MAP? I am not familiar with MAP, what are the chances of still getting pregnant after taking it?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

newmom2be HB User

are you sure u didnt get pregnant after the sunday guy cuz from my research and i know about map it works so im confused i guess paternity test is the only way to know for sure if it was the friday guy u wouldnt be pregnant now cuz u took the pill sunday two days later and u have 72 hrs where u can take it cna still workso i dunno keep me updated please when are you due me march 14th

Old 11-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #5
(female)

petalz HB User

roxy I looked it up and it says the MAP is 75% effective on the one site I looked on. mum2be does your doctor know you took the MAP? If not you should tell him/her so they can make sure the baby is ok. To get child support most places will want a paternity test to establish paternity.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Petalz-So I guess it is a pretty decent chance of still carrying a child after taking it. I just wonder how it may affect the unborn fetus and its development. That is scary. Hopefully she did discuss this with her doctor as soon as she found out she was pregnant.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:16 PM   #7

mum2bepb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom2be
are you sure u didnt get pregnant after the sunday guy cuz from my research and i know about map it works so im confused i guess paternity test is the only way to know for sure if it was the friday guy u wouldnt be pregnant now cuz u took the pill sunday two days later and u have 72 hrs where u can take it cna still workso i dunno keep me updated please when are you due me march 14th
I am due on March 10th. Im pretty sure that there is no way the sunday night guy ejaculated inside of me. these were the only 2 acts of intercourse i had that could lead to the pregnancy. My gut feeling is that it is the friday nights guy. I do not want child support, I want a father for my baby. Thank you for all of our input an other opinions would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-02-2005, 11:18 PM   #8

mum2bepb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyfoxy
Petalz-So I guess it is a pretty decent chance of still carrying a child after taking it. I just wonder how it may affect the unborn fetus and its development. That is scary. Hopefully she did discuss this with her doctor as soon as she found out she was pregnant.
I did discuss it with my doctor. There shouldnt be any harm. The biggest risk is an eptopic pregnancy which im not at risk for that. I was lucky really lucky. its just like being on the pill and getting pregnant and not finding out your pregnant right away. It will not harm the baby.

Old 11-03-2005, 08:35 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Unfortunately there really is no way to tell who the father is until you have a paternity test done. There is no point in worrying yourself now, especially when you are pregnant. You need to try to stay as serene as possible for the health and well being of your baby. The chances of the first guy being the father in my opinion are definiately higher than the second guy for obvious reasons but there are no guarantees.
Do you have a support system? Friends or family, maybe a mom's group? It's very important to have help and support when you are pregnant...especially when it wasn't a planned pregnancy.
I wish you luck and hope the outcome is as you want it to be!

Old 11-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #10

mum2bepb HB User

Thank you very much for your in put. I am just going to hope for it to be the friday night guy since hes more likely to be it.

Old 11-04-2005, 05:54 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Mum,
Does "Friday night guy" want to be a dad? You said that you don't want child support, you want a father....is that what he wants? Are you dating or was it a one night stand? Wishing you the best.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #12

mum2bepb HB User

Friday's guy is willing to be a father, we are not dating at the moment, but it looks as though things may happen that way. im fairly convinced that he is the father since the sunday guy did not ejaculate into me and the condom ripped at the sides not at the bottom where the sperm is. im thinking that i was already pregnant when i took the morning after pill. I called a help line and they agree with this, i just wanted others opinions because i would hate for me to of told the wrong person.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

I can't really say anything to help you with your situation. But I wanted to tell you goodluck, and I really hope everything turns out the way you would like it to.

Best of wishes!

Old 11-04-2005, 03:08 PM   #14

mum2bepb HB User

Thank you.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #15
(female)

petalz HB User

mum2bepb,

Please understand that a guy doesn't have to ejacualte inside of you to get pregnant. As soon as a man starts intercourse they lubricate and sperm do live in the lubrication. It doesn't matter where the condom rips either. I don't want to scare you I just want you to be informed. It takes more than conception to make someone a father. A father is someone who loves and nurtures a life. Hopefully "friday night guy" won't care who technically contributed genes and will be a dad to your little one and a support to you.I'm happy your baby is ok. Take care and good luck.

Closed Thread