It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2005, 07:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Olay IN shower Moisturizer

Has anyone used this product? I started using it today and I love the results so far. It should take about 5 days to really work per the bottle. I am wondering if this product will help with stretch marks. Cocoa Butter didn't do anything and it left my skin greasy during my last pregnancy. It's worth a shot to try something new.

Anyone else try this with success? Anyone thinking about using it for their stretch mark prevention?

Melinda

Old 11-03-2005, 07:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: Olay IN shower Moisturizer

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but stretch marks are not preventable, its all genetic, although it will moisturize your skin and may hep with the itching of stretching skin it wont stop any stretch marks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Unfortunately I agree with Valerie s - I am covered in stretch marks and I smeared myself two to three times a day with Palmer's cocoa butter cream specifically for stretch marks and obviously it didn't work!!
Your genetic make-up with determine whether you get stretch marks or not. It sounds like a nice moisturizing product though! Maybe I'll try it. I've been using the Olay Quench on my tummy because it feels sooooo nice and silky.

Old 11-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I agree also, but thanks for the idea to try to Olay. Is it is a purple bottle, like a in shower lotion type thing? I saw something like that last time and I think I am going to try it. Thanks for the idea!

Old 11-03-2005, 12:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I guess if I get more stretch marks it wont hurt....they'll just blend in with the rest of them It is in the Body wash section. I've noticed that my tummy hasn't been itching at all today!! YAY

Old 11-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #6
(female)

angie22 HB User

lol, I had no stretch marks on my belly with my first only on my boobs( I tought the skin on the belly stretches more then the skin on the boobs) but I used a lot of moisturiser on my belly and none on boobs. this pg seems to go even better no stretchmarks on the belly or boobs until now, hope that it is going to stay that way.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I'm addicted to moisturizer, always have been, but I still have stretch marks on my belly. I don't think there is much you can do about it.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I've been using the Palmer's Cocoa Butter specifically for stretch marks also but have yet to see if it works. I am 25 weeks and already have bad stretch marks on my boobs (I was only an A-cup to begin with and now am a B-cup) But I agree that stretch marks are hereditary, but what the heck, I try the cream anyway, at least it's cheap! My mother had 2 kids and never got any stretch marks but my sister got them...so I guess I'll see pretty soon Can't say we girls don't try!!

Closed Thread