It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2005, 11:33 PM   #1
(female)

AngelaSue HB User
Question Have a bad cold & pregnant...

Hello ~

I'm nearly 7 weeks pregnant and I came down with a bad cold. I haven't been to my first appt. yet with my OB/GYN, but I'm scheduled for one on the 14th of Nov. I know I can't take any over the counter medication to help relieve some of my uncomfortable symptoms, and I haven't other than a little Tylenol here and there, which I read was safe. But, I'm concerned for my pregnancy. Being still in the early stages.... is there any chance that I could develop complications over a stupid cold?? Any input would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has any good home safe remedies I would much appreciate your input there as well.

I have a stuffy nose, (but I am constantly blowing, and it's productive - sorry TMI), a cough and soar throat, along with headache.

Thank you!!
Angie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2005, 12:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
Re: Have a bad cold & pregnant...

Angie- it is okay to take Tylenol, my doctor gave me a list of meds I can take including Robitussin for cough syrup, but that's all I remember. I've never heard of anyone developing complications during pregnancy over a cold, even in the first trimester. I just got over a cold last week and I'm 25 weeks and I also had a slight cold when I was about 8 weeks. I asked my mom the same thing and she told me the baby is very protected and won't have a cold if you do.
Just take care of yourself and drink a TON of water and juice with lots and lots of vitamin C to flush it out of your system

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2005, 05:42 AM   #3
(female)

Kayyan HB User

Angie, hey there, Brook is right, i am in my 6th month and i have seriously just been fighting off every cold there is since i've been pregnant, just drink tons of fluids and rest, when you can, you can even call your doctor and they will tell you what is safe for you to take, I recieved a sheet as well..unfortunatly misplaced it, haha. But Try calling your doctor, if you stay sick, make a doctors appt, theydo make medicine that is safe during pregnancy, its not safe for you to stay sick ...Good luck hun!

Old 11-04-2005, 06:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Pretty much anything Tylenol is accepted. I use Tylenol Cold and Sinus if I run into problems, which I did about 3 months in. You'll be feeling better in no time!

Old 11-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #5
(female)

AngelaSue HB User

Thank you ladies. I appreciate your input. I'm still feeling horrible, and desperately need something to relieve this discomfort in my head/sinus. I'll try the Tylenol, I don't have much appetite either, even to drink alot of fluids, but I know I need too. I'll force myself, I certainly don't want to drag this on any longer...

Wishing you all healthy pregnancies.

Angie

Old 11-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

~angel~2005 HB User

Hiya....

I know when my mum was pregnant she took lots of vitimans for the baby and herself. She also had a cold and just did what i said. If u want u can take medicine but it may affect the babys health but its up 2 u if u wanna do it. If u go to the doctors they cant do anything for you. Its a pain!

Closed Thread