It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

ohhhHummm HB User
Cervix is only thinning..2 days overdue

Hi all............Have a couple questions.

My Cervix is still not opened that I know of since Monday and Im now 2 days overdue. They already set me up with an apointment for Gels on Tuesdays to open the cervix and then induction on Wednsday.

As anyone else had to go thru this Gels for the cervix? I didnt ask what to expect and now Im wondering if it will hurt or not. I go in at 6Pm and they say I have to stay overnight and then the induction starts in the AM the next day.

Im kinda getting worried can someone give me any info on this.

What should I expect?

Thanks for any help

Melissa

Old 11-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User
Re: Cervix is only thinning..2 days overdue

That will make you what? 4/5 days over due? That's nothing! I wouldn't take an inducement (and don't plan too) unless medically necessary. Inducement, from everything that I've read and been told, leads to a painful delivery because the body was not able to prepare itself naturally.

Is there reason to beleive the baby is big and needs to come out ASAP? Or some other reason? I, personally, wouldn't do it at only 4 days... but that's just me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

newmom2be HB User

hi i wouldnt to it either unless my baby is at harm my mom was suppose to have me dec 10 and i come out ec 27 she was in labor from start to end 35 min so i would let ur body do it naturally unless there is something wrong with the baby im 5 months now pregant i wish u the best of luck keep us updated please

Old 11-06-2005, 04:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

"My Cervix is still not opened that I know of since Monday and Im now 2 days overdue"
That is perfectly normal at this point. When your doctor does an internal exam right now, he is checking your dilation (how "open" your cervix is", your effacement (how thin/soft your cervix is) and your station (how far down the baby is). It's really kind of silly that they check any of these things since they don't tell us ANYTHING about when the baby is coming Some women walk around for weeks dialated to a 3 while other women are all closed up, not effaced at all with the baby high and then go in to labor that night.
I, too, would probably not be real comfortable with an induction at this point. It's typical that a first time mom is 2 weeks overdue. Unless there is something else going on with you health-wise (Pre-Eclampsia, Gestational Diabetes, etc.), I don't really know why your doc suggested an induction.

Closed Thread