It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User
Question How can you make a baby move from one side to another?

OH I need her to move... I think.

See... I have this feeling she is diagnal for over a week now - from the bottom right rib to the left hip feeling... and I can't sit and reach for something without holding my breath (right lower rib pain is bad) but when I bend or reach its REALLY bad.

If I am standing or sitting and trying to put on shoes I have to hold my breath - for the pain --- and its constant... I think I can feel her by my right lower ribs I feel bigger over there. I don't know ---- I would like her to move if this is the case - little camper needs a new site!

How in the world do you get a baby to move off a certain area... I have read that laying on the opposite side works - but that hasn't worked at all....
OH and she is kicking and poking away - just not switching her space!
HELP! LOL

Friday
25 weeks

Last edited by friday13; 11-06-2005 at 02:51 PM.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Re: How can you make a baby move from one side to another?

Get used to it. Until your baby turns by him/herself they won't go anywhere. Well, there are some old wives tales on getting the baby to move. I've heard of scrubbing the floors, playing music to the area you want the baby in.........some have even used acupuncture. Its uncomfortable, I know, as I have a frank breech with his entire body mostly on my right side. It does not feel good let me tell you.

How far are you? Have no fears, your baby will most likely move, but for the mean time seems baby likes to make mommy annoyed even before he has arrived!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

It realy depends how big your baby is and how much padding you have betwee you and th ebaby. I was able to massage my DS, and he would shift to the other side. He bruised my right bottom two ribs, so I needed him to MOVE. SOmetimes it worked...sometimes he wouldn't comply. But here is what I did.

I layed in the tub for a bit, and layed really still so he would become active. Then I would gently massage on the area I didn't want him to be on. Sometimes he would shift out of the way. But it seemed to help.

Good luck and if that doesn't work, well....your baby will be dropping soon and then BAM...they are out! It sucks to think about but good luck!

Old 11-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

What you've just listed is what (I think) a lot of pregnant women endure... that dread to bend over and the fists in the groin at the same time as a boot in the opposite side ribs... Oh and the sucking in of breath before putting socks on hehehheeeee...

My little one can't move, my placenta is right in the middle at the front so she has to contend with that and my spine... in other words "there she is going to stay" according to my midwife... sigh...

maybe you could try spending some time on your knees and elbows, with a pillow under you belly, I find it quite relaxing. It may also give your baby a different position to be able to move about?

Old 11-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Thanks Ladies! I will try some massaging - its my right side! And she has been there camping out for over a week!

I am only 25 weeks... but I have had lots of ultrasounds and she has been weighing more than expected but not ABNORALLY big.... hee hee!

I am only 5'2" but I have a little extra padding! I am carrying like a watermellon and not a basketball - a long uterus I guess. My Doc said I was measuring way high above my bellybutton - just a different shaped uterus I guess - that is how she is able to be that high now. ugh... at 25 weeks.

Friday

Old 11-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyfoxy
Well, there are some old wives tales on getting the baby to move. I've heard of scrubbing the floors

Let me guess... a MAN came up with that one!! LOL.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

OK so she hasn't switched her position yet but... I do like the feeling of having her off my spine (hands and knees position)... I guess that is a good position to be in to hand wash the floors? LOL - I am SO kidding!

I have 4 herniated discs 2 in neck 2 in low back and so mopping my husband does - he is a SWEETIE PIE!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

I 2nd the hands and knees position. You could also try "pelvic rocking". If you do a google search you can get good instructions on how to do this. It's basically getting on hands and knees and then rocking your pelvis forward and backward. It is supposed to be REALLY helpful for when the baby drops and gets down into your pelvis, but it definately helps get the baby off your spine & may just help jostle the baby out of your ribs Good luck!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:46 AM   #9

lexdc1 HB User

When I was pg with my son, if I had a cup of coffee, he would start to do backflips. He would go from one side to the other....pretty freaky feeling. Maybe instead of trying to do it with your hands, try food.. or coffee!

Old 11-07-2005, 05:54 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Thanks for the Rocking idea! I will SO try that.

The coffee, cold water, food etc. gets her poking and proding around I feel her ---- moving and jabbing --- but she doesn't flip away from my right rib! hee hee - I think her butt is by right rib and her feet by my left hip area diagnal.... (there is a bunch up by my rib so I think that is her butt - but can't be for sure)...

And she doesn't move from there... just lays there diagnal and pokes and prods me.... I will So try the Rocking thing! Thanks - this is starting to on 2 weeks now...

Friday
25 weeks
Girl..

Old 11-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I don't see how scrubbing the floors works anyway. I guess if you have a HUGE kitchen and spend an hour on the floor, then maybe. But my apartment kitchen hasn't done any good for my boy. Five minutes and I'm done.

North Of 60-I wouldn't doubt one bit that it was a man that created that one. Knowing us women are sometimes in a naive state of mind and will believe anything, leave it to a man to take advantage.

Closed Thread