It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

InfamousOreo HB User
Cramps and Brownish-Reddish discharge

Hello all. I found out that I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago. This today is the 6 week marker. Im a little concerned though. I have had cramps ALL DAY ( like the kind I get right before and during the first day of my period) and I have had brown discharge and some of it is red ( bloody). My back also hurts like it normally does during my period... what the heck is going on?!?!?!

Old 11-06-2005, 06:31 PM   #2

Tweetymommy HB User
Re: Cramps and Brownish-Reddish discharge

Pregnancy is very complicated and each woman is different. Many women have bleeding and cramping early in the first tri-mester and go on to have a successful pregnancy. I myself was not so lucky I suffered similar to what your expieriecing now only my cramping was quite severe followed by bleeding which for me resulted in three miscarriages. I am not saying this to scare you honey as if pregnancy isn't scary enough. But please make an appointment to see your doctor they often like to see any woman who is bleeding just to rule out problems. I wish you good luck and best wishes and please let us know how things turn out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2005, 10:12 PM   #3
(female)

thidagirl22 HB User

I would definately go to see your dr. My little sister was having a little brown discharge the other day and she called the nurse and the nurse told her it was common during pregnancy. She told her not to worry. Well later that day she started bleeding bright red and cramping and she went to the ER to find out she had miscarried. I'm not trying to scare you. I would not settle for a nurse or anyone to tell you that it's normal or not over the phone. I would get an appointment and get in. Every woman and every pregnancy is different. I just hate for anyone to find this out the hard way. I hope everything is okay and please keep us updated.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I had a bout of bright red bleeding at 9pm at night around my 7th week. It was like I had my period. I waited till the morning to tell my Doc cause it didn't come back again that night (I checked every 2 hours I think)...

He put me on progesterone - to help hold my pregnancy. I have never experienced a m/c before ... but he was being really cautious and a week later we did another u/s and things were great. He kept me on the progesterone till week 12.

Please go and see your Doc!

Closed Thread