It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2005, 02:42 AM   #1
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User
fast heart rate need help

I dont know if its normal for me to have a fast heart rate. It just started on my again. I think that my blood pressure is fine, but the heart rate increased to 108 beats per minute, even when lying down.. it doesnt seem to change. I am scared that this could be life threatening to me and the baby. I am going to call my doctor in the morning, and see if I can get seen. I dont know if my blood pressure meds are working like they should any more, and I dont know if they need to put me on something. I know that the day before yesterday, I was feeling very dizzy. So I went to lie down, that helped, and it seemed that my heart rate slowed too. It seemed before, I would be at rest, and I would get up and I could feel my heart pound really hard through my chest.. but that was only when I got up from lying down or being sedentary. I dont know what to do. Is this normal for me to be going through with this? I am 15 weeks pregnant. I know that the heart rate increases when pregnant, and the amount of blood flow to the baby increases, but is this normal?? I am so scared. Please help.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User
Re: fast heart rate need help

You must call your Doc. but, being slightly dizzy and having an elevated pulse rate is typically normal. I just went thru having a bout of high blood pressure and an elevated pulse. I have since calmed down (had a ton of stress) and never before had blood pressure issues - when my bp went back down to 104/67 and pulse around 85 she said that is great ... but at one point my BP was OK and my pulse was still high around 104 and she said it was me worrying... but that being pregnant raises your pulse rate and being dizzy (slightly) is expected...

but I think you should for SURE call this morning! And let us know! I have an at home BP monitor I got from the local drug store - with digital read out and it keeps track of your tests for you and does an average - its great!

Friday

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2005, 05:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

ALSO I think I forgot to tell you - the BP meds they gave me - I took 2 over 2 days - they never lowered my pulse (heart rate) just the Blood pressure...

So, I don't think BP meds lower your heart rate.. pulse...

Friday

Old 11-07-2005, 06:11 AM   #4
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

I wanted to mention that I go to see the doc tomorrow.. I am also sick with some sort of head cold. Stuffy nose, itchy almost sore throat, and a cough. Mild fever... on and off. But I am always checking my pulse, at rest, its not going down to 88 like normal, actually its been a while since I checked it last from 88 to what it is now. Now at resting I am about 100bpm to 104bpm. It scares me, but, I try to think that its just extra blood being pumped... I am of course only 15 weeks. I have some pain in my chest but, I think its from coughing. Nothing stabbing or major. I am dizzy some... but I know that is normal too. I am still scared but trying not to think about it. I just dont know why it doesnt go down when I am lying down. I know lying down I feel much better. I have hypertension anyway.. I havent checked it recently, but last checked was last week and it was fine. I take 2 pills a day, at first it seemed to help my pulse, which got up to 159 bpm. But that lasted only a few days then BAM back to normal, and it seemed like my pills were helping with that. Let me know what you think, and thank god I go to the doc tomorrow.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Yes I am glad you are going to the Doc tomorrow!

just my small opinion (please dont put much worth into it) if your pulse is normally 88 and you are ill and on top of being ill you are worried about the pulse rate - and have hypertension I do believe 104 isn't out of the ordinary (under the circumstances)... of illness and being worried.

I was the same way - up around 104 but now its back to around 84 (regular preg. pulse rate for me) it goes into the 70's sometimes... but can go up to the 90's if I am moving around and such. So add illness on top of that - and 104 isn't too bad.

make sure to go see them - I just hope that info makes you relax some... till you can talk with someone tomorrow.

Friday

Old 11-07-2005, 09:17 AM   #6
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

what did your doctors do for you to get you normal again?

Old 11-07-2005, 11:02 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

He thought it was high blood pressure. So he put me on meds 2 times a day.... Big long story - I will make it very short. We had a hurricane and everything was closed down - I didn't have to tell him everything - he was exhausted etc. so I didn't tell him all that I had going on - and how anxiety ridden I was and anxious at the time --- so I took one pill one day and one the next and then I was fine on my own b/c it wasn't high blood pressure - it was ME... (mentally and emotionally) sending my BP up. I was able to take care of the things that were eating me - after we all got power etc. and phone etc.

But if you have a high blood condition - I am not sure if BP meds bring down your pulse... it didn't mine. you may have a high pulse from being sick and worrying. Your BP is fine right?

My pulse was racing even when I laid down too - first thing waking up - it was racing... so I totally understand - and its scarey. Is there anything other than being sick and you worrying about your pulse bothering you?

Friday

Old 11-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #8
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

Money is my biggest thing. I already have panic disorder and stress related depression. But, I didnt think that it was following me. I know that right now I dont think about my stress or try not too. The only thing is I have this cold. I have a headache and a mild fever. Stuffy nose, and throat. Its horrible. And yes my heart rate is still fast. I will get my sister in law to bring the bp cuff over tonight to check my bp. I will let you know about that. I am still concerned, and I think that worrying about my heart rate has a lot to do with it.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:38 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

well the cold and fever thing will make your BP and pulse go up! and trying NOT to worry - i know from personal experience makes me only worry more.

I am so sorry - I hope this will soon pass for you. I have been VERY tired lately and resting a lot more than I was when BP was up... try to rest as much as possible and also take care of that cold...

Friday

Old 11-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #10
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

thanks a lot for the advice. I really appreciate it. Believe it or not, all I want to do is sleep. Today it was hard because I kept my husband up by snoring, and making rattling noises. He has to work 4 12 hour shifts, and he tried so hard to sleep. I started crying because I know that he needed his sleep, but, I couldnt help it. He comforted me and said it was ok. Poor thing. At least tomorrow I will get to go to the doc. Maybe we can get this cold to disappear. Then my husband will have to get something for his cold, hes catching it from me. Its a mess. Anyway, I dont know what to do about all the mucus. There is just so much, and now my throat is starting to hurt. Makes me think of strep throat. But its not. I believe that my heart rate is high because of the fever and cold. I wont worry too much. but when I start feeling the heart through my head I start to get concerned. Thanks so much for helping me. I actually have put myself at ease on certain issues. Thanks again!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

polbilly HB User

since i have gotten pg 23 weeks ago my h/r has been around 100 all of the time its normal in pregnancy but if your really worried you should call your dr to ease your mind!
Jackson James born March 8th 2006

Old 11-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #12
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

yeah, I see him tomorrow

Closed Thread