week. It's been picked up from the scan that my baby has a condition called Pelvic Urethral Junction, which usually sorts itself out by the time the baby is born. I attend a Military Hospital ANC, but they don't prescribe VBAC, I had a c-section with my 1st. The OBGYN told me straight out this morning that I can forget about having VBAC as this condition as well as my baby being breech means that my baby is telling me he wants to be born via c-section. I've decided to go through a Private Hospital as I at least want a choice in how my baby will be born. I'm 22 weeks and my baby has plenty of time to engage in the "normal" birthing position. My concern is what effect will this condition of my baby have on me trying VBAC. Please if anyone knows anything about this or where I can do more research, I would appreciate your input.
My daughter was also was said to have the same problem during pregnancy, she is now a healthy 14 month old. She was better after birth. I was very scared when they told me that they thought she had a problem, as I was very very sick during my pregnancy. I was hospitilized 6 times with very bad morning sickness. And had a permanate IV put in during my fourth month and got all of my food in the iv for 6 months. So needless to say when they told me she had a problem I freaked. But I am sure everything will end up fine. Good luck!! ~ Jennifer
My nephew was born with this issue after finding it during my sisters 20 week ultrasound. She tried the normal delivery and they gave her no flack on the issue of it being safer. Unfortunately he had to go c-section after 2 days of intense labor turned out to be nearly 10lbs and would not fit. The kidneys were still an issue but one that did not yet require surgery so they placed him on antibiotics for the first year and did several ultrasounds and saw that the issue was going away itself. He is now almost two years old and the problem has completely corrected itself. As for her future children the doctors told her that she would have a chance at vbac if she wanted.
The OBGYN told me straight out this morning that I can forget about having VBAC as this condition as well as my baby being breech means that my baby is telling me he wants to be born via c-section.
You are only 22wks and the doctor is already saying no way to VBAC?!?!? What the hell is that? In first pregnancies it is said that babies move into head down position usually by the 32 week, with later pregnancies usually right before delivery. You have more than enough time.
I have a breech baby right now and a scheduled section at 39wks (I'm 38) and I am still thinking I may have time. Its my first and he's large, so I doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to hope. If your baby is breech all the way up until you go into labor, I would say don't fight the section as it could be dangerous to you and baby, but a decision like that so early on is outrageous.
I am wondering if this is the same as dialated kidney's. My baby's kidneys are dialated meaning that there is urine backed up into the kidney. My doc said that it was something that would prob correct itself and that is why I am wondering if it is the same thing????????
I've just had an in depth scan at a Foetal Assesment Clinic, and my baby is fine. Nothing wrong with his kidneys or any other organs, he's also quite active. I feel so much better as the doctor obviously does not know what his talking about, sending me into a panic. Anyway, I'm not going back to him, have an appt. next Monday with my new OBGYN & then the midwife. Can't wait. Oh, it's a boy btw., we did not really want to know, but it slipped out.