It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

marriedwivkids HB User
anyone had strep b

if anyone out there had strep b or has been diagnosed with strep b during their pregnancy please reply to this post. if you had it on a previous pregnancy how many weeks were you when it was diagnosed, how did they find out you had it, what did the doctor give you and were there any lasting effects on you or baby. thank u in advance for your reply

Old 11-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Re: anyone had strep b

I was strep b with ds and found out after a swab taken at around 36 weeks or so. It doesn't affect you at all, just the baby during birth. I was induced at 41 weeks and it was a lengthy labour as they couldn't break my water to speed up the birth due to the strep b and that fact that I took forever to dilate.
Hope this helps.
Oh and by the way apparently the chance of you being +'ve for another pregnancy is higher but hot guaranteed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

marriedwivkids HB User

thsnk you. i had it on my 2nd baby and i had a bad form of it. i was told that if i wasnt transfered to another hospital to have antibiotics, both me and my son could lose our lives. luckily we r both fine. i had a swab at around 35 weeks and was never told the result, it was only due to the midwife being nosey on the computer that we found out. i was going to deliver at a midwife led hospital but wasnt allowed. the results were never told to me and it wasnt written in my hospital notes (records) or my hand held ones. i only had 1 dose of antibiotics during labour as it went quick towards the end so my son was taken away after the birth to have a drip. we stayed in for 4 days and he had to have antibiotics every 12 hours. i missed my hubby and baby girl so much. i did some research earlier and found out something. in pregnant women strep b can cause infections in the womb or bladder. it can cause a stillbirth. or if passed to a baby during birth, it can cause hearing problems to baby, heart or liver problems, septis, pneumonia and even meningitis. thank u 4 replying

Old 11-08-2005, 06:17 AM   #4
Veteran

sickofit HB User

I tested Strep B with my first pregnancy (I think it was a swab around wk 36) and was given antibiotics upon arriving at the hospital. I had a normal labor and delivery and both the baby and myself were fine. Strep B can be very harmful to the baby, but if given antibiotics during labor and delivery there is almost nothing to worry about.

Closed Thread