It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 03:07 AM   #1
(female)

Fairy87 HB User
Question 18 yrs old 6wk preg w 1st. Advice would be helpful!!

hi! im 18 ysold,married and about 6 wks preg. I would love dvice. I also have some questons. I'm haveing horrid nusia, cramps and insomnia! What can is do?! I', goin crazy!

Old 11-08-2005, 06:16 AM   #2
(female)

brittney_marie HB User
Re: 18 yrs old 6wk preg w 1st. Advice would be helpful!!

I am 19 and 35 weeks pregnant... I did not have to go through nausia, but my doctor told me if I did there were medications that were completely safe I could take if it became a problem. I guess the medication gives you some appetite back and reduces nausia, you should talk with your doctor about them...
As for advise.....My worst mistake was overworrying about everything I read and heard. I have heard so many "do nots" and got worked up about them, after speaking to my doctor and other pregnant women, I found most of them to be not so serious or not a problem at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2005, 08:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: 18 yrs old 6wk preg w 1st. Advice would be helpful!!

I believe that the nausea is worsened by not eating regularly, I know it sounds difficult, but if you can really find some good wholesome foods that you can keep down or that don't make your belly churn too much, kepp eating. I have low blood sugar and need to eat often, but with nausea I ended up eating something about every hour, two at the latest. I ended up having morning sickness for two weeks. I don't know if I was predisposed to have nausea for only two weeks, or if it was because I figured out that I need to keep eating.....eating got me past it and once I kept shoving granola bars or whatever it may be down my throat, I was soon able to go outside and run errands again. I was on the couch from the time I woke up until about 5 in the evening. If I went anywhere with my husband I barely made it through a shower and half-way through getting dressed I would be curled up on the bedroom floor! Ah the memories! Anyways, good luck with it, and ask away with any questions you may have!!

Also, I agree with the last poster about over-worrying about the "DO NOT" list. Sure there are alot of things out there that are harmful, but use common sense, hopefully like anyone would even if you were not pregnant and stay safe that way. You can actually do a search of that kind of list on the internet, there is a million things on it.

Closed Thread