It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

beachcomber82 HB User
earliest possible signs

what are the earliest possible signs or symptoms of pregnancy?
thanks

Old 11-08-2005, 11:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: earliest possible signs

There are so many and not everyone experiences them all if any! I suggest you pop on the internet and research! For me it was sore breasts and increased appetite. If you suspect you are pregnant, wait until the day after you should get your period and do a hpt. If you don't want to wait that long you can call your Dr and get a blood test done. They are usually more accurate earlier on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

Well for me, the earliest sign was a missed period. Even then I was sort of stunned because I didn't feel pregnant. My symptoms didn't kick in until around 7 or 8 weeks. By then I had known for about a month.

BUT, for some women it's sore/swollen breasts, nausea, constipation, bloating, extreme tiredness, cravings, increased or decreased appetite, food aversions, mild cramping, etc.

If you know when you should get period, then do a HPT around that time. There are early detection tests, but for some women it's more reliable to wait for the missed period. If you don't know when you're supposed to get your period but you feel pregnant, do a test now. If it's negative but you still feel pregnant, test again in a week. If it's still negative then go to the doctor and talk about the symptoms and possible diagnostic testing.

A pregnancy is not the only thing that can cause these symptoms. These symptoms are from the HORMONES associated with pregnancy, and wonky hormones from other problems, like polycystic ovaries, can cause odd symptoms as well.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i just knew. i had cramps 5 days post o and had m/s 4 days before af was late. i was sick up till 15 weeksish. i got sore bb's at 8 weeks. i was constipated badly straight away too.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

My signs were the same as my PMS. The only thing thatwas different is that I didn't get the pre-cramps. I didn't get M/S until I went on prenatal pills.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

For me, it was up in the night to pee and the heavy feeling of a brick in my low abdomen all before I was late.

Hope you get the outcome you want!!

Cheers - Barbara

Old 11-09-2005, 04:47 AM   #7
(female)

beachcomber82 HB User

thanks everybody...I sincerely hope that I am pregnant although right now it's just a feeling, maybe some mild cramps...I was never one to keep track of my periods, although I know that the first day of my last period was Oct 15th, and I think I may have gotten pregnant on the 29th.
Here's hoping!!

Closed Thread