It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User
Question about finding out the sex.

So we had our 20 week ultrasound today. Luckily our U/S tech is also a long time friend of the family, so she spent an extra long time with me. She THINKS it's a girl. Her exact words were "well, if it was a boy we woud have seen something by now"... a foot kept getting in the way which means we didn't get a perfect view, but she still thinks it's girl.

So here's my question... for those with girls, was it OBVIOUS? Or was it like mine, in that the lack of boy parts is what led you to believe it was a girl?

She said she'd sneak me in in a few days to sneak another look just to be sure (hoping that the baby might give us a better view), but in the mean time, I'm just wondering if I can start announcing it's a girl, or should I maybe hold off?

Tell me ladies.. were your girls obvious, or was it more about the process of ellimination? LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #2

Tweetymommy HB User
Re: Question about finding out the sex.

Well I had an u/s two weeks ago at 22 weeks along and was told 100% girl even got a picture of her parts. I was told to wait untill the 22nd week by the tech who also did a scan at 16 weeks, She said they can usually determine the sex by 20 weeks but the reading is much better at 22 weeks having something to do with the time that a males testies fall. Your scan is probably correct but keep any reciepts LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2005, 07:37 AM   #3

brands11 HB User
Re: Question about finding out the sex.

Mine was exactly as you stated. I was told I was having a girl but all the mean time while we were trying to snap a picture she kept moving around or putting her legs together. I was not told 100% that it was a girl, but the tech said she def. saw no boy parts so it was a girl. It is kind of unnerving to know that we didnt get a 100% answer. We did annouce her sex and name right away!

Closed Thread