It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User
When does the baby turn around?

I am 7 months pregnant and the baby is so high I can feel her right under my breasts and aroudn my rib cage. It is most uncomfortable and im wondering when can I expect her to shift a little bit.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User
Re: When does the baby turn around?

OH fullfire - I am wondering the same thing. I am 25 weeks and my baby is in the same position. I asked the nurse practicitioner (spelling)? sorry... today about this exact thing. She said well... sometimes the baby just finds a spot and camps there. She said for her to move now would not be likely due to her running out of space. I don't think a baby shifts downward for a long time! like maybe the last month? I don't know though.

How long has your baby been in this position? Mine has been since week 23 at least.

Friday

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2005, 04:35 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Hi ladies, I think from your posts the two of you are talking about how high you are carrying your babies and when they will drop verses presentation, right?

A baby can virtually change his/her position at any given time, however as far as the baby "dropping" with it's head down and engaging into the pelvis usually will occur during the last month when approaching close to delivery.

A baby who is presenting breech can rotate and present head down at any time however the closer you become to term gestation the more unlikely the baby will turn for lack of room to do so. Bacause of the possibility of the baby turning this is why when there is a breech presentation the obstetrician will often wait until between 36 to 40 weeks gestation to perform a version in attempt to turn the baby to the head down position.

Hope this helped some,
Valley

Old 11-10-2005, 07:11 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

Yes I am just talking about the baby being turned around and not engaged. I am 28 weeks and it seems that people around my due date or others that I have known had thier babies turned around by now. I was just interested to see when other women found that thier babies had turned around.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

So your little one is still head up? My ds turned head down around wk 26 and flopped back and forth. By the 34th week he was head down all the time. My Dr said between 28 and 32 wks you'll notice the baby kicking higher up near your ribs all the time. That's a sure fire way of knowing your baby is head down most of the time.

Closed Thread