It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

Measy84 HB User
Unhappy Yeast Infection during pregnancy

I am 5 1/2 months pregnant, and I found out that I have a yeast infection. The people at the hospital told me that on my next appointment, which is almost 2 weeks away, that I should inform my doctor about it so they can give me medication for it. Do anyone think it is wise to wait until my appointment on Nov. 23rd or should I go to them right away? Is a yeast infection harmful to your baby?

Old 11-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User
Re: Yeast Infection during pregnancy

Hi. I am 6.5 months along... I think I am in the beginning stages of one. I don't have the smelly discharge but I have slight burning and frequent urination (most of the time) - sometimes I don't... so I called my OB's nurse and she said I could use Monistat but DO NOT put it INSIDE - you can only use the cream on the OUTSIDE.... area....

I am going tomorrow to get something... I think most of them come in suppository form so I will have to find one with the cream and not use the applicator... just I guess use the cream on the outside.. fun.

Hope this helps... Or wait and call your Doc on Monday - I would for sure do something before the 23rd! and I don't think it can harm your baby at all (having a yeast infection)... but I am not 100% on that.

Friday

Last edited by friday13; 11-11-2005 at 05:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
(female)

Measy84 HB User

Thank you, Friday13! I'll make sure that I call on Monday!

Old 11-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

Yea, it won't harm your baby, but ugh! Does she really expect you to be comfy with the infection until then??? Sheesh!

When I had an infection, I was in my third trimester, and I was able to use monistat 7...

Here is the thing tho, I still had it when I gave birth, and alex ended up with his own yi! Bizarre....it didnt hurt him in any way, and the doc perscribed a cream that made it go away pronto!!

So don't worry unless you are about to give birth. yi are pretty common.

Old 11-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

LexJude - how did you apply the Monistat 7? did you just use the cream on the outside area? How is this supposed to get rid of the darn infection???

thanks! Friday

Old 11-12-2005, 04:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

I used the applicator and inserted it internally. I believe when you form a mucous plug, you are able to use low doses of yi medication. But, talk to your doc first.

I got a few yi because I took water aerobics....it was uncomfy, but eh

Old 11-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

OK the nurse at the Doc's office said to not insert the cream... just use it around the area... How in the heck can that solve any problems???? it doesn't seem like it can help...

Anyway... I am thinking I am at the beginning stages of a YI because the only symptoms I really seem to have is peeing OFTEN like sometimes 3 times an hour and sometimes its ALOT of pee each time but most often its only a little and I feel like i have to go so badly.... it hurts! and I only go a tiny bit...

Is this what a YI is?

Thanks for your help! friday
I am 25 weeks along.. into my 6th month.

Last edited by friday13; 11-12-2005 at 05:31 PM.

Old 11-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

Well, seriously honey....it just sounds like you are pregnant lol. You tend to pee a ridiculous amount when you are pg.

The symptoms of a YI are itching, burning sensation during or after peeing, a yellowish thick discharge (tmi). Do you have these as well? If not, then I think your baby is just pushing down on your bladder, causing you to feel like you have to pee all of the time, but only being able to go a tiny bit. It not good, but it goes away! WHen I was working, I felt like I was in the bathroom EVERY time I got up.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:01 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Thanks SO much for clearing this up for me! LOL!! So sorry.....

It is much easier to "hold it" or feel like you don't have to go as much when you are sitting.... as soon as I stand - forget it. Walking around ??? constantly in the bathroom... I have been like this though since the beginning... so embarrassing. if I drink anything and am walking around I can go every 15 min. sometimes as soon as I go - I walk for 3 min. and yep - oh there is that sensation again... maybe I should just wear diapers! I am SO kidding!!!!!

I was at a car dealership yesterday with my husband waiting to pick up his car from an oil change... and I drank a small bottle water before we got there - and the bathroom was located right next to where the company was having an informal sales meeting (before the showroom opened) and I had to pee THREE times in 40 min. the guys just kept watching me w/wide eyes ON ME - WADDLE into the bathroom....

I felt rediculous.

Last edited by friday13; 11-13-2005 at 04:03 AM.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

I was OKayed for putting it inside. It didn't do any good though, so I just stopped using it. O_o

If it hurts to pee, and you only pee a tiny bit, it's probably closer to a UTI than a YI. Drink cranberry juice and see if that helps. Both UTIs and YIs are incredibly common when you're preggers so don't worry.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:13 AM   #11
(female)

Bohemian Belle HB User

I used a clove of garlic for my yeastys during preggy. I inserted at night asnd retrived (squat and cough ) in the morning. I did this about 5 times through preggy. I once used Monistat inserted in the first month of preggy and had a MC, so I would NEVER use any
other method other then garlic,whcih my doc approved. If you're just a little itchy , cut clove in half and rub on the outside, relieves pain almost immediatly.

Closed Thread