HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/)
-   -   So emotional (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/340714-so-emotional.html)

rach12 11-12-2005 07:23 PM

So emotional

Hey I am just 4weeks 5 days preggo. I am sooo emotional. I am getting to be a little more tired and have alot more discharge but no other symptoms except sooo very emotional. I had a M/C in January where they could not find the heartbeat so I do not know if it is being a little worried or if it is pregnancy? I cry at the drop of a hat almost. hahaha. Was anyone else this way? I know every pregnancy is diffrent cause I was not like this last time. Any advice would be great!! Thanks guys--Rach

debating 11-12-2005 09:27 PM

Re: So emotional

WAS that way? LOL... I'm STILL that way. Personally, I hate being so irrational. I honestly feel out of control and totally over whelmed at times. It's very frustrating. On the other hand, sometimes just having a good cry and then a nap feels SOOO good.

Just keep in mind it's totally normal, and disregard all the negative comments. Some people like to make jokes about it, which I don't think are very funny. I usually say something along the lines of "thanx for being so insenstive to my emotional instability, it's not easy for me either". That shuts'em up most times. The again, that could just be my emotions talking and they only shut up because they were expecting my head to spin next. LOL

Hang in there, only 36 more weeks to go! :p

steph66 11-12-2005 09:43 PM

I totally agree with north on having a good cry and then a nap!! i was also VERY emotional in the beginning but its calmed down and now it just flares up maybe twice a week!LOL! The only thing that helped me was to just stop and TRY to think before i spoke and to take deep breaths. other than that i think its just your hormones and you'll have to wait them out. but i reassure you it is normal and you're right, not every pregnancy is the same. some women go through this and some dont. I do think that some of it has to do with your being worried of another m/c, which is completely understandable. I had these fears through the first 12 weeks. just try and relax and enjoy your pregnancy!!Take care Rach :)

weepyone 11-13-2005 01:49 AM

hi rach congratulations on bfp yeah :bouncing: .
i too am pg following a m/c and i know the fear it is all consuming. it does get better with each u/s and as your body changes the fear will subside. i know it is hard to imagine actually having a baby after losing one but it happens. i know my dh has been a rock to me being positive and refusing to worry has balanced out my stress, he also soothed my tears in waiting rooms waiting for u/s my 12 week one was so nerve racking i am now 21 weeks and all is well i am having a little boy yeh :bouncing: . My point being if all is going well with me it can with you to :) I know in the beginnig i tried not to get emotionally attached to the baby but if i had had a nother m/c i would have felt bad anyway so i guess the point is don't miss this exciting time worrying enjoy every minute you will see it flies by so fast. again congrats and best wishes sending you sticky dust *****

AngelaSue 11-13-2005 07:11 AM

I am currently going thru some whacked up emotions as well. It's very frustrating, I should be so happy, we've been trying for nearly 8 months to get pregnant and now I am, I'm starting my 8th week of pregnacy and in the past 2 weeks I often catch myself just sitting down and zoning out. I don't want to move or do anything. I have no energy and am tired, but I can't sleep. I feel like I'm this cold shrew. I don't know if it's my hormones or something else. But, I can definitely relate to what you saying. I hope you overcome your stress soon, I hope we both can. Best wishes to you and Congratulations on your pregnancy.

rach12 11-13-2005 05:30 PM

Hey thanks a bunch guys. It helps so much to know I am not alone. Thanks a bunch--RAch :)