It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2005, 05:50 AM   #1
(female)

the brady bunch HB User
question about post c/s

OK I had my third C-section on October 26. Since then I keep getting searing sharp shooting pains up my spine. It starts near my tailbone and goes all the was up almost to my shoulders. I asked my OB about this, and she said it couldn't be from the spinal, and it was probably from just not being active. I was wondering if anyone else has had this, and any ideas what it could be from. HELP!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User
Re: question about post c/s

Quote:
Originally Posted by the brady bunch
OK I had my third C-section on October 26. Since then I keep getting searing sharp shooting pains up my spine. It starts near my tailbone and goes all the was up almost to my shoulders. I asked my OB about this, and she said it couldn't be from the spinal, and it was probably from just not being active. I was wondering if anyone else has had this, and any ideas what it could be from. HELP!!
Hi There, Even though your OB said that this pain you are feeling couldnt be from the Spinal, i wouldnt totally rule it out as a possible cause. I had an Epideral with my last child and even though the Epidural isnt quite as invasive as a Spinal, I had a considerable amount of pain from it for several months after.

I ended up herniating disks in my neck and needed a Myelogram done (this is a procedure where they insert a needle in the lower back into the spinal canal and inject dye) and i ended up with the same kind of pain again for several months after the fact. I spoke with the Neurosurgeon about the pain i had suffered post Epidural as well as Post Myelogram and he said that he believed that i had a disorder of sorts that would cause that type of pain post any type of an injection into the disk space.

If your pain persists and especially should it get worse i would definately seek a second opinion.

Good Luck,
Valley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2005, 01:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

I'd say it probably is from the spinal. After the first epidural I had, my back was tender for months. The slightest touch (even the touch of fabric against the area) was excruciating.

Have you tried yoga? That might help things losen up a bit. It could be the muscles contracting around the area - Lord knows how our bodies react to these things. Mine eventually went away, but I guess I should count myself lucky hearing the other poster's story!

Old 11-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
(female)

thidagirl22 HB User

It could be from the spinal. I had my last epidural 3.5 years ago and the spot where they put it is still tender if you push on it. It sends sharp pains up my back. I'm scared to have another one. I've never asked my dr about it so I don't have any medical advice. I hope you get to feeling better.

Closed Thread