It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
(female)

Prestige HB User
Unhappy Scared

Hello everyone, I came on my period October 28, 2005 and I had intercourse on Friday November 11-12 and was told that I can only get pregnant 14 days after my period.

I want to have a child, I am just scared because I am not ready.

Could there be a chance of me getting pregnant according to the dates above and how long an egg last during ovulation?

Could there be a chance, thanks

Old 11-14-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: Scared

There is a chance you could be pregnant anytime you have unprotected sex. Was there any protection or birth control used? If no, then your chances are obviously higher. Take a pregnancy test if you are worried. Also, if you are scared, in the future make sure you don't get pregnant until you are ready. This is better for the baby, foremost, and fair for the baby to be brought into a ready, loving home when you are able to take of him or her and you will be ready and more prepared to raise your child.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Not everyone ovulates on the 14th day of their cycle. You may be early or a late ovulator. A egg usually doesnt last that long once ovulation takes place its a very small window I believe between 8-12 hours but its the sperm that can last awhile up to four days. So you you ovulated on your 14th day which I believe would have been the 10th or 11th of november its very possible. But like I said everyone is differant you may ovulate early or late. Just depends!!! Obviously its way to early to find out if you are indeed pregnant so dont fret and stress about it though thats easier said than done. Sorry you didnt hear the answer you wanted.
Good luck
Meg

Old 11-14-2005, 12:06 PM   #4
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCouture
Also, if you are scared, in the future make sure you don't get pregnant until you are ready. This is better for the baby, foremost, and fair for the baby to be brought into a ready, loving home when you are able to take of him or her and you will be ready and more prepared to raise your child.
Not to seem bitchy about your answer but some may take offense, I know what you are trying to say but some have been through this when they were not trying and were definatly not ready(obviously I am one) I now have a ten year old, I was only 19 when I got pregnant and things happen and people make mistakes. But saying that a baby is better in a situation like we are now is just silly, there are all kinds of familys and situations. And plus who is ever really ready to raise a child Im thirty and I am still scared. I know and help alot of teen moms and some make bad moms and some make good moms, I also know alot of women my age and trust me there are a few bad eggs there too. Sorry like I said im not trying to knock your answer I just didnt like the way it came out I guess. I just dont want any women to feel uncomfortable or feeling like they are not ab;e to do it when there are alot of things for them to help them prepare. But I will agree prevention is better than the after in some of these cases.

Meg

Old 11-14-2005, 12:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

Well, if I were *trying* to get pregnant, I would have had sex on the date that you did. I'd say anytime between 11-17 days after your period is considered fertile. Considering you had sex 14 days after your period, there's a pretty good shot that you were ovulating. Also, sperm can live a few days inside of you, so even if you have not ovulated yet, you could still get pregnant if you ovulate within 2 days or so of intercourse.

You mentioned you had intercourse, but did he ejaculate inside of you? That would definately increase your odds. If he did not ejaculate, there is still a chance, but a much, much smaller one.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:03 PM   #6
(female)

Prestige HB User

Yes he did ejaculate twice in me but I have been through that before and did not get pregnant, I was you cant get pregnant if you do not ovulate at that time, I made a mistake with unprotected sex

Period October 28, 2005 (27 Day Cycle)
November 12, 2005-Ejaculation (Twice)
Did I ovulate?

Old 11-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Some people are ready to raise a child, and some may never be. I am saying in her situation that if she knows she is not ready to have a child now, then she could perhaps he more careful if she is not using brith control. Obviously I know accidents can happen and there is nothing you can do about that, birth control methods are not always 100% or used correctly. But she may be in college, or saving to buy a house, etc. and if she is not ready now, she may be in a better situation for her child when she has a completed education or able to provide a stable home.
I am trying to offend anyone at all, but it makes sense to wait if you are not ready and be more careful, that is basically what I am saying. If it happens and you are not ready or in the best of situations then of course you do the best you can and that doesn't always mean you are any less than someone who planned a pregnancy.

For example: I am 23 and married and my husband is able to retire from the military and we are moving back to the midwest, and being a former service member myself, I am able to take my college classes on-line and be a stay at home mother to this child and my husband is educated and also has the military experience behind him. We have tried the best we can to set this childs life up for sucsess and well as ours before we decided to have a baby.
If I were to have a child a few years ago, I would have to leave my baby behind for at least 6 months at a time, having it not know if I would ever come back alive or not and I would havr to sign the baby over to another family member and the babies life would be extremely unstable until my service time ended if I could afford to even get out. My point is, it is better that I have waited until a better time and being careful the best I can that a pregnancy didn't happen. If it did, then I would obviously do the best I could to provide for it just like anyone else in an adverse situation would.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I meant I am NOT trying to offend anyone, lol, I left the NOT out of a sentence in my prior post......

Old 11-14-2005, 01:40 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

there is a very good possiblility...hope the best to you whatever the outcome.

Closed Thread