It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

MsNancyDrew HB User
Unhappy "Really Down " update on cousin.

Hello,
I know a lot of you probaly read my post about my cousin and her little one.
She is at home, her and baby are doing pretty well.
Mom spoke to her sister tonight but didn't write down what my cousin had. She has to be careful not to cut herself or they may not be able to get her to the hospital in time, she could bled to death, she tires easily and in the next 5 years she will be going through this again for definite.
They can't tell if the woman will have this or not in advance and nor why some get in and some don't. She was fine with her pregnancy until the last term of it... I am so thankful to "God she and her little one are fine. It could have really horrible. They could have both died. I am very thankful both are well.

Do any of you know the name of this condition of why my cousin got this?
Or can explain this better.
I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.
I am so glad she and her little well are at home and fine, but I think I will adopt. I will be honest I am sad because I probably wont have children of my own. I know this is selfish sounding, I am sorry I don't mean to sound selfish.
I always wanted to have my own baby.
#1 But if you cut yourself it's dangerous. #2 she tires easy it's hard to really enjoy your little one when your so tired and #3 knowing you will have to go through the transfusions again in 5 years she will only be 26 and her baby 4 when this happen. It's scary.
I am so scared for her to go through this again, I am sure she'll make it through it again but what if she didn't? I don't mean to sound negitive, if she cuts herself, I hope she'll be extra careful.
I don't mean to sound like I am just thinking of myself. I don't wont to go through this but I want a baby. I love my cousin and her little one and I am so afraid for both of them and my whole family.
I would rather adopt then go through this.
Do any of you have an opinion? I am very happy to hear all of yours please? I guess my question is do any of you think I am being of cautious?
Thank you so much!
yes, I have cried about the fact of not having a baby, but I think of the problems and realize it's to big of a risk. I don't wont to put my husband to be whom ever he may be and my family through this. I know a lot of women have babies and everything is fine, I am just scared.
thank you again for listening.
P.s. pregnacy caused this to happen to her and one of her kidneys is damaged. I know from my granny you can live with 1 kidney but it still scares me about her.

Last edited by MsNancyDrew; 11-14-2005 at 07:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2005, 08:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: "Really Down " update on cousin.

Hi -

It's good to hear that your cousin and her baby are doing well.

I am puzzled by your account of what happened to your cousin and what will happen 5 years from now. Did she have a bleeding disorder related to her pregnancy that endangered her life and her baby? Did her blood stop clotting so she bled a lot? I understand she must be careful not to cut herself and has kidney damage.

If you're asking whether you should have children or not because the same thing could happen to you, well, you need to have a few answers before you decide not to have your own children. First you need to find out the medical name for the situation that happened to your cousin. Then talk to your doctor about how common or rare that type problem is among pregnant women. Ask your doctor if you are at higher risk of having that same problem since it happened to your cousin. Get these answers and begin to make your decision about children. Be ready to discuss it again when you have a husband because he'll want a vote, too.

Understand that most pregnancies are free of major trouble. Look at all of the people in the world - the odds are that you'd have a trouble-free pregnancy, too.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 11-14-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
(female)

MsNancyDrew HB User

Barbara,
Hi! Thank you, your very kind.
I am glad to know her baby and she are doing well to.
I am sorry I was confusing with my post.
Sept. 09 she, my cousin went in the hospital to have her baby, she was fine until the last semester, that's when the problems started. The Dr doesn't know if you will get it or why that's why it's so scary to have a baby. It's not hereditary my aunt said and all I know for sure, my aunt is not feeling well, she has a lot of health problems so they didn't talk long but my cousin started bleeding and wouldn't stop, she was in the hospital for 2mo and had every other day blood fusions, she would do well then all of a sudden get really bad, they thought she was dying she came so close to it several times. It wasn't a blood clot, she was just loosing blood from having her baby.
I will speak to mom, ask her more questions.
Her blood pressure was extremely low and they finally got it back to normal she had to be swabbed her liver did, they took her gall bladder out and they couldn't figure out why she was bleeding. It was frighting, horribly frightening not knowing why she was bleeding to death. She might be diabetic now. I agree, many woman have babies and no problem.
I will defiantly talk to my husband to be, to make sure if I decide only to adopt he wouldn't mind this, I know that wouldn't be fair not to ask his opinion and I wouldn't do that to him.
I know the pregnancy caused what she had. I know she can't become pregnant again or this will happen to her again.
I wish I could tell you more to help.
I appreciate your help and info so much. You may have helped me make the most important decisions of my life.
I will keep all of you updated on how she is.
Thank you Barbara so much!
Take care!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi again,

I've been thinking about what might have happened to your cousin and I wonder if it was disseminated intravascular coagulation (abbreviated DIC)? You might ask your cousin or aunt. If that's what it was, it's rare and it takes unusual circumstances to cause it to happen.

Glad to be of help.

Take care and good night - Barbara

Closed Thread