It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2005, 06:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User
Painful Cramps at 15 weeks. Normal?

I'm having occasional cramps and I'm 15 1/2 weeks along. Today, however, I had pain so bad I had to lay down for 20 mins. Are these cramps normal?
I'm calling the doctor in the morning, but I want to hear what everyone else has experienced.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
(female)

pearoye68 HB User
Re: Painful Cramps at 15 weeks. Normal?

Not to scare you but I think you are wise to talk to your OB. I have not experienced bad cramps since early in my first trimester. You may be having ligament stretching but it is usually pretty mild and just a little uncomfortable. Hope all is well, and wishing you the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Trust me when I say the ligament streching can be pretty severe. Ive only had it a few times where I had to lay down but its happened. I would still call my doctor but what he told me as long as its not accompinied by bleeding(red bleeding) and that its not to early in the pregnancy then thats probably just what it is. Also lately I have been noticing it a bit lower, you know, down there!!!! LOL I talked to a few of my friends about it and a few had experianced it also. It is the muscles just streching and getting stronger(for labor). I am 18 weeks so we are not to far apart and the cramping has been around almost everyday for a few weeks. Just only really bad a few times, other than that just annoying. But like I said it will probably make you feel better to call and talk to your doctor about it thats why they are there.
meg

Old 11-15-2005, 05:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

Rounsy, that sounds like what is going on. This is my first pregnancy so I probably really have to stretch. I'll call, though, and let you know what they say!

Old 11-15-2005, 06:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Paula,

Call without fail and politely insist on speaking to a nurse, then getting a call back from your doctor just for your peace of mind. In the meantime, drink lots of water in case you're getting a urinary track infection. A UTI can even cause labor to start and you don't want that.

Wishing you well! Barbara

Old 11-15-2005, 06:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

Well, I had to leave a message (as usual). I'll give them until the afternoon, then I'll make it a more "urgent" call.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

Hi gals. I went for a blood test and asked to speak to a nurse, so instead, they had me see the doctor for an exam. Everything is fine (cervix still high and closed) and baby has a heart beat. He said it was most likely the ligaments stretching and insisted that I DO NOT lift more than 15 pounds. This means I won't be able to babysit my 30 pound (15 months old!) nephew. He needs to be lifted for diapers and
feeding (although I could work around this), but with how I've been feeling, I'm probably going to stop babysitting for now. His 4 year old brother is starting to bring home viruses from pre-school, anyway.

Closed Thread