It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
(female)

worriedinNC HB User
bulging water bag??

hey girls....i have a couple questions but first ill start off with a little background...i was supposed to be due nov. 21st with twins...they have moved my due date to dec. 1st but she said since its twins i will more than likely have them early....anyways i went in on tuesday for a check-up and i was 1 cm and 40% thinned....i went back in yesterday for a NST (they said this was normal procedure for people carrying twins and everything turned out perfect) anyways the nurse checked me and i was 70% thinned and still only 1 cm. so i thinned 30% in about a day and a 1/2...she also said that she could feel my water bag bulging? what does that mean and does it mean i will go into labor really soon? ive never heard of this happening to anyone i know so if anyone has had this happen how long after that did you go into labor? and does the fact that i thinned out so much in such a short time mean it will happen soon?
sorry its so long
good luck girls and congrats to those of you who are holding your little babies right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
(female)

cark HB User
Re: bulging water bag??

Quote:
Originally Posted by worriedinNC
hey girls....i have a couple questions but first ill start off with a little background...i was supposed to be due nov. 21st with twins...they have moved my due date to dec. 1st but she said since its twins i will more than likely have them early....anyways i went in on tuesday for a check-up and i was 1 cm and 40% thinned....i went back in yesterday for a NST (they said this was normal procedure for people carrying twins and everything turned out perfect) anyways the nurse checked me and i was 70% thinned and still only 1 cm. so i thinned 30% in about a day and a 1/2...she also said that she could feel my water bag bulging? what does that mean and does it mean i will go into labor really soon? ive never heard of this happening to anyone i know so if anyone has had this happen how long after that did you go into labor? and does the fact that i thinned out so much in such a short time mean it will happen soon?
sorry its so long
good luck girls and congrats to those of you who are holding your little babies right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOme do some dont. at only 1 CM and a bulging bag is strange.. not bad, I just have never heard of it happening with 1 CM and 40% effacement. I knwo when I was pregnant with my 3rd I had a bulger but I was 4 CM dilated with no productive contractions. My doc stripped the membrane and told me to go home and Id be in labor in no time. HE WAS RIGHT! I started having major contractions witrhin maybe 4 hrs after the membrane stripping and my bulging bag broke on the way to the hosp.. its wasnt a gush, just a trickle as the baby's head was kinda like a cork. LOL! Since youre due so soon has he ever mentioned stripping the membrane? Just curious as a lot of Drs wont do that and prefer the IV chemicals ....

Im due Dec 2nd... and Im pushing for the membrane thing cause it works SO well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread