It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Arrow Why so emotional?

I read that many women here are emotional or cry and I am wondering why because I don't understand. I was curious about this topic so I looked it up and according to the information provided by the Mayo Clinic, they say that women may experience emotions because they may feel unattractive because of their new size or growing belly. Also the upcoming birth can cause some women to worry and being emotional because of being scared of birth. That information makes sense to me, however what I don't understand is when women claim they just cry and apparently for no reason or for silly reasons. What makes pregnant women get emotional and cry suddenly? I am just looking for insight on this topic. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2005, 05:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User
Re: Why so emotional?

I think it must be the hormones, when you are pregnant your hormones are going crazy. Every women is different but hormones can definately make you feel like crying for no reason. That's all I can think of.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2005, 01:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i cry more at really sad or really happy things, and also if i feel so tired and uncomfortable knowing i just have to bear it. It seems you are lucky orange to have escaped all the crap of being pg you are so lucky my m/s tiredness constipation etc was awful and now although i am proud of my bump it slows me down which is hard when you still have to do the things you did before. i guess i am lucky dh loves and supports me so much he looks after me sowell no wonder i am having his baby he is wonderful ah. hope this helps oh and i don't feel a mess everyday just occassionally thank goodness lol.

Last edited by weepyone; 11-19-2005 at 01:45 AM.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:40 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

haha in the beginning of my pregnancy, i cried everyday...more often than not for no reason at all! its the horomones

Old 11-19-2005, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Hormones that is the only answer I can think of

Old 11-19-2005, 09:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

When many say they cry I picture someone just sitting there bawling their eyes out and I was trying to fathom what would make someone cry even when they are emotional because of hormones. I picture dinner being burned and then sudden crying or something like that.

My mother in law told me that usually when women are expecting a boy they are more of a mess during pregnancy with hormones and sickness. I also read that is an old wives tale too.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:40 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User

I don't believe it is an old wives tale. I think a lot of it depends on how emotional you were before your pregnancy along with the hormones surges during pregnancy. Some people are just a lot more tender hearted than others. I use to never be an emotional person until I lost my first daughter at 7 months during pregnancy. After that I have been very emotional. I cried thru my other 2 pregnancies and still have very weak moments. I just think a lot depends on how things are in your life.
DS born 3/14/03
EDD 3/19/05

Old 11-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

nutshell i think you are right after a loss you are always worried it will happen again i know lots of times i have cried it is out of fear i would lose another baby. once you lose a baby you always fear it happening again especially when you don't know why a previous loss occurred and it is hard you can't do anything to prevent another. the first time i was pg which ended in m/c i was not overly emotional but then i was not pg all that long either. i guess people would not understand this fear in this pregnancy of history repeating itself unless they have been so unfortunate and unlucky to have lost a baby. then again i am having a boy so maybe that makes my emotional state worse lol i doubt it.

Last edited by weepyone; 11-19-2005 at 04:14 PM.

Old 11-20-2005, 03:27 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

I also think it's hormones. I cried the other night bc I was convinced my husband was going to divorce me bc I yell at him for little things, I was upset bc my gramma was going to spend thanksgiving without turkey (lol and she bought one and will be working!) and that I couldn't get comfortable in bed. Sometimes I just cry. I'm very sensitive so I think it's about ten times worse since I got pregnant.

Old 11-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #10
(female)

Kentucky_Miss HB User

When I was pregnant with the twins, the first couple months I had crying jags. I definately felt pregnant at that point, lol. Other than that pregnancy fits me well, according to my my mother. She says its like night and day compared to my PMS! Ah, moms, gotta love 'em.

Closed Thread