It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
(female)

rounsy222 HB User
Low back pain

So lately I have been having back pain but tonight I have been having major low back pain along with cramping. At first it wasnt a big deal but doesnt seem to be going away. So now im wondering could it be something else. My hubby started reading which is never good and said low back pain can be a sign of preterm labor. Just wondering if anyone else has had this?
Thanks
Meg

Old 11-20-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Re: Low back pain

How far along are you? I am 20 weeks and just the last couple of days i have started experiencing almost what you describe. Except the "cramps" are more of an achiness that sometimes will spread down my legs. I think it is just probably things growing and stretching since i read that this will happen around this stage. I also have a bad back so i know it is hard for my back to handle this new bump. I dont know if this is a bad sign. I never thought so but maybe you should call your doc and ask if he can see you just for peace of mind. Although if the cramps get worse i would think about visiting the er. better safe than sorry. hope that helps you, good luck and let us know!Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #3
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

I just turned 19 weeks today. Normally I can deal with the cramps and such and know they are just normal but I had back labor with my daughter and it feels just like it. Im probably just obsessing im sure. But im going to call in the A.M. if its not better.
meg

Old 11-20-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

I really hope you feel better after a nights rest. Maybe a heating pad on low will help with the back pain or a nice warm bath always helps me. You should try the bath to relax you. let us know how you get along in the morning. take care

Old 11-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I agree to relax yourself in a warm bath or with a heat pad and some relaxing scent like peppermint or lavendar. If you honestly feel like it is truly a low dull or not so dull back pain that is constant then go in and get checked. I never had a baby yet, but you mentioned a daughter and so if you feels like it is the same and not stretching then maybe it is something to be concerned about. Not to alarm you, but my uncle's girlfreind just gave birth at 5.5 months pregnant on November 7th, so it is possible something could be wrong and better to be safe. I wish you the best and I hope you have some relief in your low back pains and that is all it is. Take Care Meg.

Closed Thread