It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User
Exclamation Light spotting at 36 weeks??????

Sorry if this is TMI but i just went to the bathroom and noticed a slight bit of spotting. Really light brown and it was there when i wiped. Is this normal???
Should I call the Doctor???

Old 11-30-2005, 09:44 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User
Re: Light spotting at 36 weeks??????

hi first time!
if its bright red i would call the doctor, you should be fine. you may be starting to lose that mucus plug! keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

That is a sign of labor! Call the DR!

Old 11-30-2005, 10:08 AM   #4
(female)

cark HB User

Probably nothing. Ive had capillaries bust in my cervix and I bleed a little here and there. Its pressure adn activity at 36 weeks. an exam can cause this.. as well as sex, walking, housework, the moon ... it just happens..
CaLL him if it makes you feel better. Youll go in for an exam or monitoring and youll more than likely be sent home with no problems. Have you had any contractions? Mine comes when I have the really hard contractions.. which ive been having for 3 weeks now... Im due thios friday so I hope I can go soon.. LOL!
I WISH that was a sign of labor.. LMAO!

Old 11-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I have a nice pamphlet on my refrigerator from my doctor that lists the signs of labor....and that's one of them.

Last edited by Mommie-2-B; 11-30-2005 at 10:11 AM.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #6
(female)

cark HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie-2-B
I have a nice pamphlet on my refrigerator from my doctor that lists the signs of labor....and that's one of them.
When accompanied by other symptoms. Ths is my 4th baby.. I have spotted with each as have MANY other women. The main thing you dont want to do is freak someone out about imminent labor and calling the Dr with a few spots or BROWN blood.. If it was bright red or more than spotting Id agree with you. However a few spots of brown blood is NOTHING.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #7
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

I had brown spotting at 30 weeks. Brown means old blood, probably knocked loose from activity (mine was thought to be from a long day of shopping and too much walking). You should be more concerned with pink spotting or bright red. I say always call your doctor just for your own peace of mind. My doctor told me not to worry when its brown unless its accompanied by contractions or cramps. You probably have nothing to worry about. I would still call the doctor though because a yeast infection will sometimes cause brown spotting, and of course you don't want to have a yeast infection when you deliver!!

I had pink spotting over the weekend w/cramps(I'm 35 weeks), and of course I got all exciting thinking I would maybe go into labor. What I didn't know was that this spotting along with light contractions and cramps can start weeks before you actually go into labor.

Heres to our last few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by KLynne13; 11-30-2005 at 10:22 AM.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMParks
When accompanied by other symptoms. Ths is my 4th baby.. I have spotted with each as have MANY other women. The main thing you dont want to do is freak someone out about imminent labor and calling the Dr with a few spots or BROWN blood.. If it was bright red or more than spotting Id agree with you. However a few spots of brown blood is NOTHING.
I wasn't trying to freak anyone out. My pamphlet reads this:

General Labor Signs to watch for include bleeding or a gush of fluid or strong regular contractions occurring every 5 minutes or less that have continued regularly for at least two hours.

I also didn't tell Firsttime that she was in labor, I said it was a "sign" and for her to call her doctor.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #9
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

Mommie2b..
You sound like me, with the pamplet on the fridge. I have one on my fridge, another list clipped to my bathroom mirror, and I photocopied the list of signs of labor out of my pregnancy book and have it in my purse! I'm not eager to have this kid or anything... LOL

Old 11-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I also have a long list of safe medications... LOL I just want to be sure. I'm a very cautious person I guess I didn't mean to cause trouble though!!

Old 11-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #11
(female)

cark HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynne13
Mommie2b..
You sound like me, with the pamplet on the fridge. I have one on my fridge, another list clipped to my bathroom mirror, and I photocopied the list of signs of labor out of my pregnancy book and have it in my purse! I'm not eager to have this kid or anything... LOL

LMAO!! Nahh you dont sound eager at all..

That sounds like me with my first.. now Im doing jumping jacks and threw the books/lists/pamphlets out the window. I cant give credentials on here.. got a post modified for it.. but youd be shocked at how EVERY pregnancy is different. Even with the same couple. Weird stuff happens and I swear some of these little pamphlets and etc are so off the mark I have no idea why they even hand them out.
IE I had cramping, blood, hyperemesis gravida etc throughout my first pregnancy. TOTALLY healthy full term pregnancy. I had NO bad symptoms with the second, delivered in my 2nd trimester and the baby passed. 3rd one was weird, no cramping but a weekly show of red blood.. busted capillaries in the cervix ( carried her low) and tons of mucus. Went full term she was fine. This one Im trying to jiggle loose right now has been a pain. Placenta anchored in the back, breech until my 38th week, turned on her own which was pretty uncomfortable, hard but unproductive contractions for the last 3 weeks.. yes.. its driving me nuts, and she disengaged last week.. Theyre ALL different.

Closed Thread