It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Flu Like Symptoms before Delivery?

I woke up yesterday with an achy neck, head, and back. Today, it's so much worse!! I had lunch plans with a friend today so I had to cancel it. She has a newborn and I wouldn't want to get her sick. She told me that flu like symptoms are common for those who are going to be giving birth in a week or two. Has anyone heard that before? I have never heard anything like that so I wasn't sure. I'm not due for 3 weeks.

I personally think it's because on Saturday it was almost 90 degrees outside and today the high is 29. I think it's the fun Texas weather, but she swears there's a grain of truth to her theory.

Last edited by Mommie-2-B; 12-07-2005 at 09:30 AM.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User
Re: Flu Like Symptoms before Delivery?

hmm...mommie, never heard that before. but hell, i ache all the time now. i had a headache all day on sunday and monday.
we are definetly very close! YAY! i have a feeling my little one will make a late appearance though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

It's been so bad, I can barely move my neck. You know what I'm talking about, right? OH I hope he doesn't come this early, I'm not ready!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Have you called your Dr about it? Even the worst flu in the world shouldn't stop you from being able to move your neck without a lot of pain??? I'm a little concerned and think you should at least inquire about it.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #5
(female)

angie22 HB User

Hey mommy_2_B , I had my doc. appointment 2 days ago and the nurse told me about the signs of prenatal labor and labor and she said that any cramping like menstrual cramps, or back acke different than the one we usually feel, back ache that starts in the back and moves in the front just below the belly buton, flu like simptoms or wetness down can all be signs of labor or preterm labour. But if you have only three more weeks to the dd you will be fine, just wait until you are sure that it is real labor before you make the trip to the hospital. The nurse also told me that if you are only three or less weeks to the dd they will not stop labor. I am so excited for you I have 14 weeks to go . . .

Old 12-07-2005, 09:54 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

I have heard of women feeling under the weather before labour. It is n't something I would go by though to determine when I was going in to labour. I know few woman complained of havign nausa or being quite stiff, both of which they never had a problem with in earlier pregnancy. It could be that they just caught a bug a little before the bid day. Who knows.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Baby2, I get achy like this about once a year. I'm not that concerned about it. It's not very painful. I don't know how to describe it. It's like the ache you get with the flu! My back ache isn't painful like back labor. I have only felt one BHC today and I'm not leaking.

Angie, that's very interesting about flu symptoms being a sign of labor. I can't wait to meet this little guy but I was hoping that maybe he would come in about two weeks. That would be good timing!! I just don't want to be in the hospital during Christmas.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:57 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

hmm ive been having menstrual like cramps alot recently, more back pain, and wetness down there (especially today). maybe its not too much longer for me! yippee!
doc appt tomorrow, ill see what she says.
Mommie-you probably should call the doc and let them know. do you still feel crappy?

Old 12-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Oh yes, I feel like I got hit by a truck. I'm going to call now. I usually can take some Advil Cold and Flu and it's gone in a flash! Well, the Tylenol version doesn't work for crap! I hate Tylenol products, but that's all that's approved. I've had a mild sinus infection for two weeks, but this is different. This is HORRIBLE!!!

Old 12-07-2005, 10:00 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

i'm sorry! let us know what the doc says!

Old 12-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I agree with baby#2. Maybe you should make a quick call to your Doc?

I am in Texas now too! Way up North and its snowing now.... very pretty... Just got here from South Florida.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:37 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I left a message with the nurse, they're usually good at calling me back.

I'm in Dallas!!! It was snowing where I am, but it stopped. This weather is terrible!!
When did you get here from Florida! I forgot that you were moving here in the fall. Welcome

Old 12-07-2005, 11:59 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

I am taking classes at my hospital where I will deliver and both instructors said that feeling flu like symptoms can be a sign of labor. You never know you might just be sick but they did mention the flu like symptom thing as a sign. Good Luck!

Old 12-07-2005, 03:08 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Hi mommie - just got here a week ago! I love it ! I love texas! Nice people here! Florida has so many tourists and such!! It feels very homey here!

Old 12-08-2005, 06:07 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

The nurse called back and said that it is not a sign of labor So I guess we'll wait and see!

Closed Thread