It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2005, 07:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Arrow Breasts Leaking Bright Yellow and Clear Liquid

I was trying to search for information on this subject but I didn't turn up much. I am 23 weeks and while taking a bath this evening I squeezed my nipple and besides this tiny white clump that always came out since I got pregnant there was this bright yellow liquid. I continued to squeeze and a little more came out. Finally, (and I don't know why) I squeezed my whole breast and a stream cam squirting out. When I squeeze, quite a bit of a cloudy clear liquid comes out of some of the ducts and bright yellow out of the rest of the ducts in the nipple. I feel extremely silly, but is this normal and when did you all begin to experience liquids coming out? Thank You,

Old 12-13-2005, 08:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User
Re: Breasts Leaking Bright Yellow and Clear Liquid

Never that much, but yes, if I express then I get something. On a few occasions I've looked down to a wet shirt (mostly in the evenings when I'm not wearing a bra).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

When I express, is that what you call it?, there really is quite a bit of liquid, I am not exaggerating. I didn't expect this, especially this early. What is the clear/bright yellow liquid exactly?

Old 12-13-2005, 10:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

I'm not sure about the colour of it. I know it changes several times before birth. Clear, cloudy, whitish, yellowish, etc. Not sure in what order either. On a few occasions mine has been clear, then white. I really have no idea.

I don't get streams of it like you describe, but to look down and see a big spot on my shirt means that a lot must have been coming out.

I asked my doctor about it and she didn't seem concerned, especially that I was doing it myelf. She said if it starts leaking on its own closer to birth that you can loose colostrum and may need to save some of it, but if you express it it's not usually cause for concern.

So quit play'n with yer boobies!! (jk)

Last edited by debating; 12-13-2005 at 10:42 PM.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
(female)

Mamasita_of_3 HB User

With my first and second pg, I was leaking ALOT enough to leak through the pads. With this one I just now started to leaking and its not alot. I hope it stays that way but it never the less is very common. You can buy pads for this so you dont leak through your bra or shirt. They are round thin pads found in most drug stores.

David Anthony 4/16/98
Skye Lyn 5/13/01
Faith Lyn 3/20/06

Closed Thread