It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2005, 07:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
6 weeks postpartum, sweating like crazy!

I can't take this anymore, I am sweating so bad all of the time. When I go to sleep, I wake up with my clothes and the sheets soaked from sweat. Its disgusting and so uncomfortable. I was told its from breastfeeding because your body works so hard. I plan to bf until the baby is a year old, I don't want to deal with this for a year! Anybody else have this problem?

Old 12-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User
Re: 6 weeks postpartum, sweating like crazy!

I remember reading somewhere that "new moms are sweaty moms". It has some to do with breastfeeding/metabolism...but it also has alot to do with getting rid of the fluid that accumlated during the 9 months of being pregnant. Just another lovely thing women have to deal with when they have a baby...but don't worry...this too shall pass.

Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2005, 10:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I heard you sweat alot to get rid of the fluids from pregnancy.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:43 AM   #4
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

I thought this was one of the best things of breastfeeding. You lose the excess fluid (and weight) through your night sweats. It will stop soon. Hang in there!

Old 12-28-2005, 09:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I've heard all of this as well, but it is so annoying! I feel so disgusting all of the time, and when I go to friends' houses, its extremely embarrassing. They ask me if I'm okay.......I hate it. Its good that I am losing the extra fluids, and hopefully the baby weight, but still. I just feel so disgusting.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #6
(female)

muffintop HB User

I am right there with you!!!!!!! 8 weeks and I am still having to change my sheets every morning!!!!!!!!! Mine are mostly at night with some hot flashes during the day. My doctor checked my thyroid and it was normal, I have been taking an otc remedy with black cohosh (but no estrogen - which can diminish the milk supply) for 4 weeks now and it has helped a little. My doctor said it is because I am breast feeding and the hormones from that cause the excess sweating. Then at 6 weeks I got my first depo shot and that increased the night sweats back up to the level they were when I first got home from the hospital. I found sleeping on a towel and wearing 100% cotton nightgowns and pjs help some. I now try to get up 15 minutes before DS is due to wake up and take a shower before holding him close for the morning feeding. That always makes me feel better. I hope for both of our sakes these do end soon.

The only good thing, like walnutsmom said, is that I now weigh 15 lbs less that my prepregnancy weight. My metabolism is sky high due to breastfeeding and I have lost 1 pant size already - (my breasts are bigger than before so I still wear the same top size - HA!)

Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

You gave me some hope muffintop! I hope I too lose the weight fast!

Closed Thread