It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #1
(female)

waiting4baby05 HB User
Question Worried and overdue...

Ok I am officially over due since it is christmas. (Merry Christmas btw everyone!). I was due the 24th and if I do not go into labor on my own my doctor will not induce me until Janurary 3rd. I have heard that women who go overdue are way more likely to deliver stillbirth. This scares the living heck out of me. Has anyone gone overdue and been ok? How far overdue? I am also high risk because I have a heart conditon and I think my doctor is really hoping I go into labor on my own. I have tried walking, making love, taking herbs, hot showers and baths, etc. to no avail. Any advice and/or encouragment would me great. Thank you in advance.

Old 12-25-2005, 03:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
Re: Worried and overdue...

You are not considered overdue until you hit 42 weeks. Full term is from 38-42 weeks. Try not to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2005, 06:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

My sister delivered her last little girl at 42 weeks. As soon as she hit 42 weeks the doctor stripped her membranes one afternoon and she delivered early the next morning. She was in labor for approx. 2 hours from start to finish. She was almost born on the interstate. Try not to worry, it happens all the time. (Not the interstate part, but the overdue part, lol)

Old 12-25-2005, 08:18 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

FIrst off, whoever told you that women who are late have more chance of still birth is insane. Youll be fine.
Most first time moms deliver at closer to 42 weeks anyway, don't be in such a hurry to get inuced either, baby will come when it's ready.
Tryto enjoy your christmas!

Old 12-25-2005, 09:07 AM   #5
(female)

hpybtms HB User
Don't be worried

I was 42 1/2 wks when I had my son 12 years ago. He was perfectly healthy.

Kim

Old 12-26-2005, 09:09 AM   #6
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User
Wink Re: Worried and overdue...

I was overdue with my 6 year old son by 2 1/2 weeks. The induced labor for 15 1/2 hours and then ended up doing a C-Sect. My son is healthy! You have nothing to worry about!

Old 12-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

With a heart condition your doctor is wise not to induce you unless you ABSOLUTELY need it! Inducement causes a harder labor because your body is not able to prepare on it's own. In fact, inducement for women with heart conditions is not recommended (myself included). It's either au'natural or c-section. Inducement has also been associated with emergency c-sections because it puts your body and your baby in stress because things don't progress naturally - the baby AND your body are forced. This is when you see baby's that have not engaged and then go into stress. It really bugs me when I see women and doctors opt for inducement on or shortly after their due date. It's not something I would want unless absolutely medically necessary, and a week (or a few days) over due, in my opinion, is not a necessity.

The only thing you need to worry about going late is that the baby can pass meconium and swallow it, which can result in an upper respiratory infection. This, though, is not usually a concern until you are 2 weeks or later.

I would not worry. And I agree, who ever told you that still births are a result of going over due is insane.

Closed Thread