It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Blister at c-section incision

Its been 6wks and I just recently got a blister at the incision. I went to the ER since it is Christmas and they said it doesn't look infected. The doctor said probably one of the sutures (they are the dissolve kind) may have spiraled around and caused the blister. I am worried because this doctor is not an obstetrician. I cannot see my doctor until at least tuesday. Anybody have anything like this happen before? The doctor pulled the incision apart to look inside of it. Not technically, just gently pulled the skin to get a good look, I guess. Now I am leaking fluid from that area. Is this normal?

Old 12-25-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: Blister at c-section incision

when I was leaking fluid from my incisional site I had a to have a repair surgery done as the dr at the time tucked too much skin into the split and my body treated it as a foreign object, anyhow you would know cause the fluid I was leaking was yellow and had a foul smell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2005, 06:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

are you using any neosporin or cream with medicine in it? Can you call your Doctor and ask him?

Friday

Old 12-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I can't call my doctor until tomorrow. today I was leaking really bad. My underwear were soaked at the incision site. I was told by the ER doctor to use neosporin and gauze, which I am, but I am having a hard time covering it. It just leaks underneath. The fluid is yellow but doesn't smell. Thing is, I was at my Obstetrician's 2-3weeks ago and she said everything was fine. It bled a VERY small amount a few days later but I decided not to call since she thought everything was fine. A week later it got red, then the blister formed another week later. i didn't want to call again after she just said everything was fine. FYI: I was there for ammonia smelling discharge, which she prescribed antibiotics for and its still there.

Old 12-27-2005, 07:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Nobody has any ideas of what could be going on?

Old 12-27-2005, 08:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

this happened to my friend. It was a stich that needed to be taken out - and she used antibiotic cream on it before and after it was taken out.

you need someone to look it and see if its a stitch problem - and or infection started.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

My cousin just had surgery to remove her womenly parts, LOL and she had some of the same things happen to her but she just kept it to herself. She ended up getting really sick and having a huge infection of her incision. Hers starting out had some discharge and then it started to get worse eventually my Aunt made her go and in the doctor couldnt believe how infected it was. Im sure the doc at the ER would have noticed if it was infected but you never know. Im not saying this is your situation but if it concerns you I would go in. You dont want to end up in the hospital for four days with an infected incision. Good luck!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 01:42 PM   #8

pbj HB User

When I had my C-section I got a horrible infection and what you are going through sounds just like what mine started out like, I would see a docotr ASAP

Old 12-27-2005, 04:24 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

My doctor's office is closed until tomorrow with no after hours number. I will call her first thing in the morning.

Pbj: I am 6 weeks postpartum, did yours happen right away? I thought infections started right after the c-section, not this long after. In the ER they said it wasn't infected, but I don't trust them. After they messed around with it, it started leaking. I am leaking so bad my underwear are completely stained from it. I won't go to the ER again because I want someone (like my doctor) who knows about sections and te incisions. I don't think the guy that looked at me knew much about it.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:29 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I'm going to the doctor's today, I feel like such a pain in the kisser. I was there 2-3wks ago and I still haven't had my postpartum check up. I feel like a nuisance to them.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

what was the verdict?

Old 12-29-2005, 06:15 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Apparently either a stitch or an ingrown hair is causing the irritation. She cleaned it with peroxide and told me to do the same everyday. If it gets any redder I should call her immediately but as of now its not infected and she doesn't think it will get that way.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:03 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Excellent! You caught it in time!! Great news!

Old 12-30-2005, 09:48 AM   #14
(female)

ttheriau HB User

Hi,
Not sure if your situation is the same, but 8 days after I had my c-section a blood clot formed inside and I had no idea. I just started bleeding from the incision. What they had to do is open the incision back up and let it heal from the inside out which took about 10 weeks. I have never heard of a blister before but obviously your body is trying to get rid of something that should not be there, it could be that a stich did not disolve and your body is trying to get rid of it. I dont know if this was much help but good luck.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:46 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Great, now I'm bleeding from the site. I can't really tell if its the incision or the blister, but its bleeding. Why do these things always happen on the weekends? I refuse to go to ER, which is where my doctor directs her patients. The office is closed so that is my only option. I'll just have my husband get a better look at it when he wakes up. I can't believe this is happening. I was hoping for a fast recovery with no problems.

Closed Thread