It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
eating enough protein

My dr told me she wanted me to eat a good amount of protein in my diet not to have to many carbs but lots of veggies, fruit, nuts and proteins. Well here is my problem, iI have had morning sickness for 10 weeks now and have lost weight and the though of meat or chicken just turns my stomach, any green leaft veggies give me the worst gas and I am lactose intolerant,I can only eat so may eggs.I have been eating oatmeal regularly and kashi cereal with the extra protein any ideas as to what is good to eat. The dr said she wanted me to gain between 25 to 40 pounds, it feels impossible to do so. Any advice, my system also is a but sensitive to wheat products.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: eating enough protein

Try some peanut butter, and nuts are a good source of protien

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

Try carnation instant breakfast. Since you are lactose intolerant, mixing it with reg milk is out, but can you drink another type of milk like soy?

Amy

Old 12-31-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I also need extra protein because I don't eat meat, peanut butter sandwiches are a great substitute, so is milk. Those are foods I can eat on a regular basis or everyday. I rarely eat nuts, let alone depend on them daily for a source of protein.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

I have been drinking Lactaid milk but am finding it to be giving me heatrburn, I have been able to eat a small amount of cottage cheese as well but with having lactose intolerance I never know how much or when, well I guess a bit of bloat is worth it for the baby>I am very into eating healthy and home made foods and try to buy everything organic if at all possible> I was eating alot of beans but I find they give me horrible stomach pains now. I make yogurt that is plain and I just add some thing to it for flavor this is really good but hard to eat everyday, I will try to add a bit morepeanut butter to my diet I do have a tblsp a day with my apple and usually a handful of almonds but a bit more can't hurt.

Closed Thread