It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
(female)

Stef457 HB User
Need Advice on Pregnancy

I'm 29 years old, and I'm at that point of my life where I really want to have chilren. I'm not in a relationship yet, however, I've met this nice guy and we've hit it off. But we're not dating, just casual outings.

My question is this: I know getting older is harder when it comes to getting pregnant. But I would like to know, is there any way of taking care of my body to prepare it in some way, so when the time comes for me to have children it won't be as difficult (once being married of course.)

I don't know why, but I'm just terrified of thinking that one day, when the time comes, that my body will be too old? I am so embarrassed, I don't know why I'm thinking this way! I'm also a virgin, and still waiting for the right guy to come along, but mostly b/c I just see it more satisfying to wait for my husband - whoever that will be! I'm also thin, about 117 pound at 5.5" tall. I eat heathy as well....on occassion snack on chips and ice cream I'm quite pretty, but I think I'm being really picky b/c I know what I want and I just don't feel like messing around with just anybody.

I feel like my life is passing so quickly that I might not have the time to have the family that I want...am I crazy here? Anyone with some help? Or piece of mind?

Old 12-31-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: Need Advice on Pregnancy

In regards to pregnancy I wouldnt panic it sounds as though your in good health, so just realx and wait for mr. right...the other issues you may want to post ont he woman/ or relationship board

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2005, 09:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Any woman of child bearing age should take folic acid daily. Just staying healthy in general by eating decent, exercising and not smoking or drinking excessively will increase your chances when you are ready. It can take time for some women to get pregnant so be patient when the time comes and if you want you can always see your health care provider for a check up before trying....?

Old 01-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i am so happy for you that you are still a virgin. that is so awesome that you are waiting for the right person.
my best friend did not start trying to have a baby till she was 30 and i know a few more that waited longer. i think i have read that once you are over 35 it becomes a bit of an issue but i wouldn't rush it till the time was right for you. you read about women in their 40's having babies all the time and everything turns out fine. when the time is right everything will fall into place for you.
just keep up with what you are doing and maybe think about starting a prenatal vitamin about 3 months before you start trying to make a baby when you meet that man of your dreams.
goodluck with everything and take care of yourself.
robin

Old 01-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
(female)

Stef457 HB User

Thank you so much for your advice. I was so embarassed to ask such a question Can you tell I worry and think too much over the slightest thing

Anyway, I guess that I'm thinking the more patient I am about things the more things will for into place for me. But, I have to try to figure out how to balance patience with time! I definately don't want to rush into anything and regret it.

I wish you all well, and hoping one day soon I'll share my experiences on this board!

Closed Thread