It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User
Shooting pains in vagina?

There seems to be no ryme or reason for what causes this, but I'm getting shooting pains in my vagina. I hope that's not too much information.

I have a doctors appointment on Thursday and don't feel like sitting in the emergency room on New Years eve. I don't seem to be uncomfortable in any other way, so I'm just trying to tough it out. It doesn't seem to do it if I'm resting, but when I'm active it does it quite a bit. It all started when I was putting fresh sheets on the bed. I didn't that was a strenuous activity, but ever since then even my back has sort of bothered me. Is it possibly a nerve?

I'll be 28 weeks on Tuesday... any ideas?

Old 01-01-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User
Re: Shooting pains in vagina?

These are not contractions, so don't worry too much. I know they are uncomfortable. I had them too. I think they said it was my pelvic muscles and tendons moving. The baby is starting to get heavier and starts to stretch them and it causes some pain. You will find that you will have alot of strange things happen, painful and not painful, while pregnant.
BTW, congratulations!!!

Last edited by MommaBee; 01-01-2006 at 12:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

I have them as well. The other night I was standing in the kitchen and had one..I grabbed myself and looked at my husband like "WHAT WAS THAT". My Dr. said they are perfectly normal. But they hurt!

Old 01-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

my sil is due on wednesday and she had this with both her pregnancies it is apparantly like previous poster said pelvis moving and softening. i only had this feeling once so i can't really say much on it. hope it does not get too uncomfortable for you

Old 01-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

I have these. When I mentioned them to my Dr. she talked about the pelvis stretching etc and also the baby bumping hard or kicking my cervix. I can now usually differentiate b/w muscles and my cervix getting punched.

Old 01-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

Unless the stretching muscles can impinge a nerve, that just doesn't sound like it could be it.

It feels like I'm being poked in my vagina with a needle. I know that's proabably too much information, but it's the best way to describe it. It also doesn't feel high enough to be near my cervix, it feels lower.

It hasn't done it yet today but I'm still going to mention it to my doc and see what she says.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #7
(female)

TeresaAnn21 HB User

Yes these are normal I am 32 weeks now and you get alot of weird aches and pains you got to think your carrying another human inside you. I have bad pains in my pelvis and in my thighs and legs I have a hard time sleeping walking even getting off the couch or out of bed...LOL

Old 01-02-2006, 07:17 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

yes, it does feel like a needle is being poked there. Very painful. Part of it is that in this area, being pregnant and all, it is swollen and there is a lot of pressure, even though sometimes I do not feel it.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:01 AM   #9
(female)

BsChickie HB User

NOrth- I'm 34 weeks and have gotten this more the last couple of days. I've been wondering this as well. I actually had one this morning as I was just waking up and it made me jump! I sat really still like i was expecting something to happen after too. It felt like someone stabbing me down there. The other ones were just pinching or a needle poking but this one was harsh! I was just worried because I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days. Of course, my doc office isn't open today, but I have an appointment tomorrow.
I always have a hard time believing people when they tell me things like it's just stretching or growing. It feels too intense to be stretching, you know?

Old 01-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i also heard people say thi sfeels like someone sticking glass up them or stabbing them i think you are experiencing softening of the pelvis and probably pressur from baby on your cervix.

Closed Thread