It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
(female)

BsChickie HB User
34 weeks-just feeling icky today

While everyone is sick from a hangover from New Years Eve today, I just feel plain icky. I started having increased BH last night and is continuing today. I've had a headache the entire day that won't go away, I'm nauseas, and just don't feel "right". I'm 34 weeks and haven't ever felt like this. Am I just having a bad day or do you think something is going on?

Old 01-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: 34 weeks-just feeling icky today

Ill be 35 weeks on Wednesday and I mentioned to my dr that I too ahve been really nauseaous the last 2 weeks,he said it is because the baby is squishing my tummy off the the side...makes sense, so I hear ya I suffer everytime I eat, even if it is small portions.......Im ready for baby to be here

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I will be 34 weeks on Tuesday and I totally feel your pain! last night I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest and I got these hot flashes all of a sudden where I thought I might faint unless I went outside for some fresh air! believe me, I am just as ready as any woman in their last month to have this baby! Take care and I hope everything gets better

Old 01-02-2006, 02:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I have better mornings usually than afternoons or evenings... I am 32 weeks and I just don't feel right by the afternoons and it continues all night.

Friday

Old 01-02-2006, 07:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

Since you've been having lots of BH since yesterday, do notice if they occur at regular intervals,time them, and keep a written log today. There's always a chance of being in labor early and it's important to pay attention even though you don't expect that. If they are regular after several hours of monitering them (BH are never regular), call your doctor and report the situation. Don't wait until the office opens tomorrow.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 01-02-2006, 08:49 AM   #6
(female)

BsChickie HB User

They were starting to get regular, actually about every 10 minutes for about an hour. I drank a bunch of water and layed on my left side and actually fell asleep because I didn't sleep well. When I woke up they weren't regular anymore but still felt crappy. I was going to see how I feel today to call. I have an appt tomorrow, they aren't even open today (Monday) because I was gonna see if I could go in today instead. I am getting some pinching sensations down lower this morning and I still have this crappy headache!

Old 01-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Barbara excellent advice - I have had about 3 per hour.... no more than that - and also sometimes the HARD HARD feeling I get which is SO uncomfortable can last for like an hour - so I guess that is the baby bunching up ??? It's horrible when that happens.

BSchickie - just really take it easy. I went in for my HARD stomach that was lasting forever and they hooked me up to the fetal monitor and I was having contractions - they kept me at the doc's office for a while and then told me to go home and rest - so I would suggest until tomorrow - please lay down drinks lots water and rest - don't do much till your appt. Good Luck! you can never be too careful XXOO

Friday, 32 weeks

Old 01-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Chickie -

Even if the office isn't open, a doctor is on call for you. If you become worried, go to the ER at hospital where you plan to deliver and ask to be checked in L&D because you may be in labor, you're 34 weeks, and your doctor is Dr._____. If you're still home in the morning, call the office as soon as they're open and ask to come on in because of the contractions.

Friday, I had the same tightening, hard, long contractions that were irregular, but it was early labor - not the baby bunching up. You be careful, too. My baby came early and is okay.

Wishing you well! Barbara

Old 01-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Barbara - thanks for the advice! because every keeps saying the bunching is the baby bunching up - and can't be contractions lasting that long - the Doc did though get a little worried after hooking me up to the fetal monitor and finding that I was having contractions at 31.5 weeks.

I am about 32.5 weeks... and the contractions are still pretty fierce when they come and I have to stop everything and sit feet up / lay down etc. when they hit. Walking makes them so much worse!! And I have been having lower right hand side back pains (more than usual) for the past 4 days along with HARD LONG bunching contractions - and today for the first time in the entire pregnancy a VERY loose bowel movement... I am getting a little nervous. but trying not to alert anyone - like my hubby etc. I have these contractions every day - mostly afternoon thru the entire evening. with BAD lower right hand side back pain.

How did you know you were in early labor? And thanks for talking to me about this!!

Last edited by friday13; 01-02-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Old 01-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #10
(female)

BsChickie HB User

Ive been getting more back pain as well. I've trying not to worry my husband yet either. I get the long contracting, or "bunching" as you say. It does seem to last a long time. I'm just gonna take it easy until tomorrow. I've been at home by docs orders anyways so I don't have to worry about going to work tomorrow.

Old 01-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yikes! Be mindful that back pain cen be back labor (no fun!), but can well be part of the labor process. Since that's happening, with the pinching, and long contractions, I'd call the on-call doctor tonight and get his/her opinion. Really. I found that waiting until morning can be too late.

Friday, I called the doctor's office about the contractions and was told to come it. When they checked me, I was dilating - and in total denial that it could be happening at just 27ish weeks. I don't recommend it! There are medicines that can often stop early labor, but not if you wait too long thinking "It's nothing, I don't want to bother the doctor" like I did. Call your doctor's office tomorrow at the latest and talk to a nurse. Tell all about what you've experienced and remind the nurse you've been having contractions that they monitored in the office and you're not quite 33 weeks. BH shouldn't stop you in your tracks and take your breath away. Think pant-pant-pant-blow like in the movies or A Baby Story.

I hope things settle down for both of you and that those babies stay put for a few more weeks. Do pack your suitcases now, just in case. I didn't and what a bother!

Hugs - Barbara

Last edited by BarbaraH; 01-02-2006 at 02:39 PM.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Thanks Barbara! I will call in the morning - for sure! I promise! The only reason I am not calling tonight is because I was there last Wed. when they hooked me up to the monitor and noticed the contractions etc. - he did the EXAM to see if I was dialated I think... he said all was GREAT - but in the mean time since Wed. things could have progressed right? So I will call in the morning! OH yeah.... I have had to grab onto the kitchen counter before and when walking in stores I have to stop or walk SO slow just keep going - .... yuck.

Drinking lots of water - ....
Thanks - and tomorrow I will be getting the hospital bag ready! hee hee! just in case.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Chickie and Friday -

How are you two?? What did your doctors say??

Hope all is well for each of you - Barbara

Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I had DS at 36 weeks after a week and a half of feeling icky. Tired, achy, backpain... Had a doctor's appointment midweek and two days later started really feeling aches, twinges, pinching. I started timing the twinches and aches and the next day I couldn't stand it any longer and headed to the hospital -- that night DS was born.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I am going in tomorrow morning at 9am. My BM's are still very very loose - and I am feeling crampy, tired, having the hard contrx's still - and backpain. They are going to check and see if I am leaking fluid tomorrow. I will be 33 weeks on friday.

The nurse said if I get 5 contrx an hour tonight - to call them right away. I am now tracking my contrx. and have had 3 in a half hour which isn't normal for me. usually the contrx. last much longer. This all started about 9 days ago. wish me luck!!
And THANKS for all of your help!!!

Closed Thread