It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

Jennycas HB User
how far along am i?? help

hi everyone

my husband and i have been through quite a bit over the past year. after a year deployment in iraq, he is finally home and safe. we tried to get pregnant before he left and then again during his r&r, but it didn't work out
well he's been back home since december 1st, and we found out on december 26th that i am pregnant! the first day of my last period was november 27th. i still couldn't believe that i was pregnant after taking 3 hpt's and all of them coming out positive. we then went to my doctor and got a blood test, which also came out positive. we are beyond happy and extremely excited the dr's office told us that i am about 1-3 weeks pregnant. i am thinking that i am about 2 1/2 weeks, does anyone know if that sounds about right? i didn't think it was possible to find out THAT soon. anyway, when is the right time to get an ultrasound? is it too soon if i went this week? i was going to call and ask tomorrow. thanks for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User
Re: how far along am i?? help

You want to count with the week of Nov. 27th being week 1...granted conception hadn't taken place yet but you cycle had, so you would be 5 weeks but depending on when you ovulated the "fetal age" would be about 2 1/2 weeks. It basically depend on how you want to look at it but most doctors go from the first day of your last period. Hope that helps and makes sense to you. If not there are numerous books that can help explain it. Anyhow, it looks to me like you will be an August or September Mommy...Congrats! I am due in August and am currently 7 weeks! Best wishes to you and dh!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
(female)

Jennycas HB User

wow thanks! i had no idea doctors went by the first day of the last period. thank you and best wishes to you also!

Old 01-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Jenny,
I am not sure what branch of the service you are associated with, but with the Navy in San Diego active duty and dependant women all go to an INDOC and get a bottle of pre-natals and a pregnancy book and basic information via powerpoint and from there they schedule your first appointment. If you are unsure of how far along you are, or say you are they will schedule you an ultrasound first and that is what I did. I have an idea but I went with the ultrasound anyways because they offer. Congrats!

Old 01-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

Yeah, it's pretty much the same here (although we're OCONUS). I think Tricare will only cover an ultrasound here before 20 weeks if you don't know your date, you're at high risk or you go to the ER for something. Just like Orange said, you go in, they give you a book (you guys also get the purple book?), a class, a bottle of vitamins and then your first real appt. is 10-12 weeks.
So, how many Iraq babies/mommies are there on this board anyway?

Closed Thread